“Amazing...”

Saint Jacques French Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Saint Jacques French Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,450 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Forest
Description: Saint Jacques French Cuisine is a traditional French restaurant located in North Raleigh. We serve authentic food with a respect for century old recipes, recreated for the taste of today. French Native Serge Falcoz-Vigne is the Chef with 30+ years of experience in the hospitality business in both France and in North Carolina. Also as a General Manager of the restaurant, he can provide to the guest a total experience from the kitchen to the floor with renowned French food and service.
Graham, North Carolina
“Amazing...”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hands down one of the best meals I have had in NC! Do not hesitate to dine at St Jacques.
This is a dining "experience"...don't plan on being in and out for dinner in one hour.
We will return....many times I'm sure.

Cary, North Carolina
“Best of the Best in Raleigh”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

In a past life, I worked in the kitchen of a 5 diamond French restaurant. This place is right there!

For an appetizer we ordered the Escargot Trio. For dinner, I got the Duck Breast, and my wife got the Red Rock Fish. All 3 choices were superb! In accompaniment to our dishes we also had a glass of wine each, with our appetizers, as well as the entrees, and all 4 glasses were paired excellently with the food as suggested by our waitress. Also, we chose the focaccia bread, and dipped it in the leftover sauces of the escargot, and it was perfect. For dessert, I got the peach cobbler, and this was also very good, but unusually, dessert was nowhere near the highlight of the night, and that's a good thing.

If you're looking for a nice dinner out, romantic evening, or special occasion, this place is perfect in Raleigh.

1 Thank bru20bru
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outside Definitely Not Indicative of Restaurant!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Wasn't quite sure where my husband was taking me for an anniversary dinner when we got there; he said it was rated #1 in Raleigh. In a little strip mall; outside not very appealing; opinion changed once inside. A most cordial welcome in taking us to our table; servers impeccable, unfolding napkin and placing on lap. complimentary "starter" and a "palette cleanser" later in the meal. Someleir recommend a delicious wine. A wonderful selection of fresh-baked breads made us want more! Hadn't had escargot in years; this was excellent, as was all of our choices, sea bass. veal, lamb. Service reminded me of the Fearrington House in Chapel Hill (although not quite the same atmosphere). European service, wonderful menu choices, reasonable prices (although I thought the wine was a little pricey, others at our table, said it was one of the better wines and was worth it). Will definitely visit more often; don't know why we hadn't been here before this night! Oh, they also have cooking classes and trips to France; going to looking into this for next year!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bess A
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“A wonderful dining experience in Raleigh”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The restaurant is comfortable and attractive. The menu offers an embarrassment of good choices, which together with their nightly features makes choosing difficult. The food is excellent and authentically French. The sweetbread appetizer is as good a I have had anywhere. The wine list offers excellent choices for food-pairing with reasonable prices. The owners are friendly and helpful. The wait-staff is clearly trained in European-style service and is very pleasant and efficient.
Desserts are as delicious as the appetizers and main course offerings.
This is a restaurant that we will return to for a French food fix.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Felt like I was in Paris! Service & Food was Impeccable!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I knew I had to try this restaurant since it was so highly rated. Our 27 year wedding anniversary was the perfect occasion to try out this little gem. I cannot wait to go back!

Do not let the outside of this super fine, 5 star, establishment scare you away. Once you step inside you are greeted with monsieur and madam the entire night. I honestly felt like I was back in France! You won't find finer service and attention to detail anywhere else in the Raleigh area.

I have been to 2nd Empire twice, and the food at St. Jacques beat them by far. Everything was prepared and served to perfection. From the home made breads to the escargot and coffee (a perfect cup!)

We ordered the Refreshing Sea Cocktail (shrimp, crab, tomato and cucumber salad) and loved it. We also had the escargot Trio Escargots prepared 3 ways. (Garlic and parsley butter, truffle scented and roasted pine nuts, and crispy in a chorizo cream) and it was the best I've ever had (have to admit, I don't have it every day!). The Filet Mignon with Lobster butter was the finest cut of meat and so delicious. And the Crusted Sea Bass was outstanding.

We had a chef's selection of a cucumber dill sorbet as a palate cleanser which, again, a very fine touch and attention to detail.

I got up to use the ladies room and when I returned I had a new, neatly folded napkin (black for my dark dress) and a gentlemen was there to assist me with my chair as well. Just nothing but the finest attention to those little things all added up to make this one of the best dinners and the cream of the crop in restaurants.

Definitely one of the best meals we have ever had. I won't be waiting 27 years to go back.. I can tell you that!