“Italian restaurant only in name”
Review of Bella Italia

Bella Italia
Ranked #290 of 1,525 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Italian restaurant in name but not in reality. My friends and I had dinner recently and discovered that a lot of their menu items are not homemade, just frozen foods, reheated. For example: meatballs are not homemade. Cheesecake or Tiramisu isn't either. The Marsala sauce tasted right out of a can, it didn't have neither taste nor smell of wine. This restaurant doesn't even offer a single soup. Furthermore, all their pasta is dry pasta, not homemade. What they make there? Very few things.

If we wanted store bough food, we would have stayed home and save a lot of money. All their stuffed pasta is frozen, bought from a supplier.

Aside from all that, its expensive. Expect to pay $20 per person, which it won't include wine or dessert, just your meal and tip. If you order wine or desert, then its $30 a person or more. There are other much better alternatives out there.

Last point: there'a a big screen tv showing sports in the middle of the dinning area. Is this an Italian restaurant or a sports bar? I don't know. I'm not sure the owners know either. No atmosphere whatsoever. Very disappointing.

3  Thank Barry G

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Seriously, I have an addiction to the Italian Wedding Soup at this place. Each bowl is made to order. Generous supply of delicious, tiny chicken/cheese meatballs, fresh spinach, egg. Perfection! The service is always with a smile. The pizza and pasta here has also always been fantastic.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you have never had a stuffed pizza, then you are in for a treat, and if you have had a stuffed pizza, you've got to give this place a try. The pizza is so heavy, it takes two hands just to carry it out. We love this place!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our second visit, the first one a few years ago. An enjoyable evening. The appetizer sampler was very good, fried raviolli was terrific. I love that they have gnocchi on the menu! My daughter ordered it and said it was very good, I will have to try it next time. My order of Shrimp Scampi was probably the best I've had in a long time. Will definitely return for that! Our server was prompt, but I can't comment on the ambiance as my daughter and I were having such a good time chatting we didn't pay much attention to the mood and interior. Maybe next time!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have been there many times and the food and pizzas are great .They have a special on Wednesday .Dinner for two and bottle of wine for 34.95 , you cant beat it and the food is wonderful.