“very fortunate to have such a quality organization in Raleigh”

North Carolina Symphony
Ranked #28 of 158 things to do in Raleigh
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Tickets can be a bit pricey for regular events but the kids concerts are very affordable

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"downtown"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Though attending in "official" concert is a rare treat, they are regularly broadcast at times over local radio and TV - plus have events in various local areas, often free. I love them!

1  Thank dragonmumLes
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Well, it's not Metropolitan, but for NC it is a very good orchestra. I have no musical education, so I can simply say, that I enjoy my every visit to the symphony. I do believe that their conductor is great.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We always have a fabulous experience attending the NC Symphony at Meymandi Hall. We attended this past Saturday when the Naughton twins performed Mozart's Concerto No. 10 for Two Pianos. They did an excellent job and received an extended standing ovation.

After the intermission, the orchestra performed Brahms: Symphony No. 1. Not one of my favorites, but well done.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We've never had anything but a wonderful experience. For a city this size, we're privileged to have such a gem. Memorial Hall is a first-class venue. Especially love the Christmas presentations and anything with the NC Master Chorale.