“Nice environment, good service, good food”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #119 of 1,526 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place reminded us of Chi-Chis in its prime. There was nothing exceptional, but every aspect was very good. Nice decor, good service, food was good. This will probably make our regulars. My wife and I had a nice time, and for $32 including tip, we had good food and a beer each. You can't hardly beat it.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Excellent homemade tortilla chips served fresh and warm along with fresh salsa and a buttermilk type dip. Service is friendly and food is served fast, hot and is quite good.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband recommended Chuy's because he knows I love fresh food.

Let me start out by saying I was warmly greeted at the door and promptly take care of. The chips and salsa were very good. I didn't have a bad lunch...it just wasn't great.

I thought the food was overpriced or maybe it was a lack of alacarte options. With the chips, I really just wanted a taco or a burrito but that wasn't an option. I ordered the Soft Taco meal that came with rice and beans, none of which I ate. I didn't care for the meat on the tacos. It was filled with green peppers and onions. If I had been told that when I ordered, I would have chosen something else or asked for them to excluded, if that was a possibility. The two tacos came with so little meat I was a stunned. They did come with a generous helping of lettuce, pico, and cheese to add. The meal was $8.49. I just think it was way overpriced for what I expected. Once I added $2.49 for tea, tax, and a tip, my total bill was $13.33. Way toooooo much for lunch!!!!

The waitress was exceptionally nice. My chips and tea were refilled without asking and the food was delivered promptly. I don't think I'll return because it was too expensive for lunch. If they decide to offer food alacarte, then I might return because I don't want to pay for beans and rice if I don't plan on eating them. I can go to Moe's across the street and get a burrito, chips, and a drink for less than $9.00 and not have to pay a tip...and it's just as good!!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Enjoyed our lunch. Menu had many appealing items. Bar drinks were outstanding. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Pleanty of room inside. Construction around the location but there is a parking garage right next door that's finished and useable. If you like Mexican food then give this place a try.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was my first time at Chuy's. The waitress brought salsa and chips when we sat down and we couldn't quit eating them. They were delicious! They also brought some "creamy jalapeno" dip to the table and it really tasted like ranch dip to me?

I went with a group of friends and we all got something different. Everyone seemed to like what they got. I got a fish and a shrimp taco. The shrimp taco was awesome however the fish taco was flavorless. The nachos looked wonderful and another friend got the biggest burrito I have ever seen. You could eat on that sucker for 3 days!

Our waitress was awesome and on top of things. I would recommend giving them a try.