“Service Is Meh...”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #888 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Reviewed December 20, 2013

One thing that I find odd about Raleigh is that it's very difficult to find a breakfast joint. I went to Raleigh to complete a test (The company I was apply the job for canceled it). After spending a night at a hotel, I decided to get some breakfast. After driving for almost an hour finding nothing interesting, I decided to find an IHOP. Fortunately, I did find one not to far from I-440.

I entered the restaurant with a stomach ready to eat. The host kindly found my seat, but after that, service went down hill. I sat at my table wating on my waitress to come take my drink order. After hopelessly staring at the menu for 11 minutes, I noticed a lady who came five minutes after me sat down and placed her ordered. A little angry but i decided to wait. After the lady received her drink, her waiteress came up to me and asked if anyone served me. I told her no, and she said that she will get her. Finally, my waitress came and took my order. For whatever reason, she seemed rattled and nervous for some reason- Probably because she knew I had been waiting on her for more than 16 minutes for her to take my drink order.

I decided to place my water and meal on order. Surprisingly, the food didn't take to long to come out. I ordered a steak omelette with pancakes. Even more suprising, the food tasted delicious! Unsurprisingly, my waitress came back and took my plate without even allowing me to finish. I couldn't even get a "Do you want me to take you plate away" question.

I like IHOP very much, especially for the food. Even so, the service here is something I never want to experience again! I'm willing to give this place another shot, but if I receive service like that again, I'm a ghost after that.

There are newer reviews for IHOP

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Every time I go here I get a waiter or waitress that doesn't know the menu.
Asked if they had country ham, he had no idea what I was talking about. Friend asked where the mushrooms were on in the pot roast. He said it was mushroom powder you couldn't see them. They pot roast was good, but the mashed potatoes were cold. Had already sent back cold soup. The pumpkin pancakes were delicious.

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!