“Could be so much more . . . .”

Tir Na Nog Irish Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We ate there tonight and wished we had kept walking by. My husband ordered fish and chips. The portion was unsatisfying and the fish was over fried. I ordered the sausage roll because the sausage was house made. I even asked the waiter if it was good and he said yes. I was highly disappointed because the sausage was very bland . . . like it was missing an ingredient. We like Irish pubs, just not this one.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I ordered the lamb pie and it came with mushy peas. My first thought was- I'm not eating mushy peas. What a surprise- they were very good. They had a good flavor and had some whole peas in it so it had some texture. Also, had a Magners pear cider which was good. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Maybe it was the fact that there was a festival going on, but went here on the recommendation of a friend last weekend. They were offering a very limited version of the menu, no live music, and the service was below par. We may go back, but it will be a while.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Absolutely loved it! I'm a dyed-in-the-tartan-wool Celt-Rock fan and to sit in a great pub with that blaring and Celtic Folk music was fantastic. The food is great and they've got a greta selection of beers, just not as many local brews which is surprising as Raleigh has a lot!

Definite place to go and hang with a few mates after work.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Came to Tir Na Nog for a graduation dinner for a friend. The food was very delicious (I had the beef pasty with mushy peas) However, the music was not ideal. I'm sure it could have been an off night. They have a great beer selection. I have also heard they have an awesome brunch, so I'm looking to go back to experience that.