“Sunday Brunch, Just "Ok"”

Tir Na Nog Irish Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my first time visiting Tir Na Nog. I can sum my experience up by saying that it was okay, the food was good but I won't go out of my way to return. I did not like the fact that buffet was not well attended to. At any given point, they were always out of SOMETHING and you had to bring this to the attention of the staff. A few times they were out of clean plates so guests were standing around waiting to go through the buffet while plates were being washed and brought out.

The omelets were amazing. The bacon on the other hand was extremely under cooked. I did not eat any for fear of getting sick.

I would suggest this place for a large group because they seem to have the space.
Personally, I will continue on my quest to find the perfect brunch spot in Raleigh.

There are newer reviews for Tir Na Nog Irish Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Tir Na Nog is a great "hot spot" for cultural events and happenings in this area of Raleigh. We enjoy seeing Scottish and Irish bands, dancers, etc. Check their website for a schedule of events! Our favorites are Albannach and the Wake District Pipes and Drum bands.

Take note that during special events, such as Irish Heritage Day and the St Patty's Day run, it will be CROWDED here. But they do a great job really trying to make sure all the patrons are taken care of and served.

We enjoy the good, simple fare here. The chicken sandwich is a favorite. The bartenders are always very accommodating with whatever drinks we'd like them to make. Our servers have all been good, even when the place is PACKED.

Come early in the day if you want a more "family friendly" atmosphere. Then leave the kids with the sitter to come back and enjoy the night life. Great place overall!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

LOVE Tir Na Nog!! One of the best Irish Pubs we've ever been to and definitely THE best one in the Raleigh, NC area : ) Food is delicious! Great atmosphere, lovely staff! There's one gal, I think she's a manger, that seems to be there ALWAYS and she is a complete delight!! Her name is Annie and she is from Ireland! Her accent/brogue is so charming and she is so friendly, knowledgable and helpful!! She and the rest of the staff will make sure you have an awsome time whether you're there for a special event, the fabulous Sunday brunch or just a night out for a pint or two with friends!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went to Tir Na Nog as part of a bar crawl and ended up staying there all night. Saturday had great live music and the service was right on par. Will DEFINITELY be going back!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Have been here a number of times and it has always been brunch. Good food, good atmosphere. I need to hit this place in the evening for a pint!