“Stay away from Torii”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Ate at the noodle shop with the kids. Best just to eat in the main Resturant. Server was rushed, not happy, an it showed. My daughters food came after everyone's else's meal, because it was sushi, and she did not want to get it. My hot tea came after my meal. A huge let down.

1  Thank LeadReviewerIAC

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good food, excellent and abundant choices. Casual dining. Miso soup a bit disappointing. Service was excellent and attentive.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Seeing that it's supposed to be the same joint, I'm going to put my experience at Torii here.

I had a bowl of TonkoTsu Ramen. Notice the capitalization. I didn't make this up. That's how it's written on the menu. This should have served me as a warning. That's not how authentic Japanese restaurants would spell it.

Against my better judgement, I ordered that anyhow, upon strong recommendation from the waiting staff. The noodles were overcooked, the broth had no flavor, and the pork was cold.

The only good thing about the visit was that they took it off from the bill.

Maybe their other stuff is good, but it'll be a while before I go back there.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Best Japanese food in Raleigh!!! My family and I eat here ever time we visit Raleigh. Love the steak, shrimp, rice and sushi!!! The cooks and wait staff are excellent and always entertaining!! They are always great with my kids!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

You are grouped at grill tables, you Have many choices and combinations to choose from at ok prices and little side show at the table by the Chef

Been to Kanki Japanese House of Steaks? Share your experiences!