“Avoid at all costs!”

Add it.
Las Margaritas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 25, 2012

The dirty menu hanging outside is the first indication of what you are in for. The place is dirty, run down messy and in need of painting. The guacamole dip is just that..dip. The salsa wasn't even good. That was enough for us and we left. I would suggest you learn from us and spare yourself the filth!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just returned from one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Las Margaritas. This place has great food (especially the chicken tortilla soup and their newly added fish tacos). One real highlight is the choice of about 8 different salsas at their salsa bar, one sure to fit your particular taste for heat.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I visit Las Margaritas at least once a month with friends or my boyfriend and have never had a bad meal there. None of my dining companions over the years have ever reported dissatisfaction after eating there, either.

Unlike the review below, I have never had any issues with the food there being too salty, and I tend to be sensitive to too much salt. The food has never been "weird" in my experience. In fact, I would say it borders on excellent. I always leave feeling so full I could burst!

I am a vegetarian, and never have a problem finding something to eat there. My favorite meal is the spinach quesadillas. My carnivorous boyfriend enjoys the los dos amigos with beef. The margaritas are gigantic -- literally available in a large enough size to hold a Siamese fighting fish comfortably.

The ambiance is very nice, typically quiet and comfortable, with interesting artwork. Outdoor seating is available in a renovated area with a nice new fountain, but I always prefer to eat inside because it's comfortable inside. I like the booth that has the collection of crosses hanging on the wall by it -- it is away from the other booths so it has a more private feel.

I tried fried ice cream for the first time during my last visit -- it was delicious! I look forward to going back there again soon!

1  Thank ms-gnomie
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My friend and I stopped by in the evening for dinner. My friend ordered Los Dos Borrachos and I ordered Enchiladas Mexicanas and both dishes were very salty. My friend is more on the salty food so it must be very, very salty for him to say it is salty. My Enchiladas tasted as if they dumped the whole table of salt. I cut and had a small piece and requested the server to replace with one with no sauce on top because I was hoping without the sauce it wouldn't be so salty. The server was rude and loudly asked me over and over what I wanted and told me that I needed to talk the manager. He went to talk to the manager and came back and said they will give me the same dish with no sauce. He came back later and placed the plate in front of me as if I was a beggar and said, there with cheese. OMG! The food looked awful and I cut a tiny piece and it was salty salty and salty. Although my friend was unhappy with the whole service but felt obligate to eat some since the server have replaced a new plate. He tried but after two small pieces he gave up because it was salty and weird. I asked for the check and it was almost 19 dollars. Nope, we didn't order any drink. We were supposed to have dinner at another place but they closed early for Easter Sunday so we stopped at Las Margaritas. I didn't really want to eat at this restaurant because the sanitation score was only 95.5 I wouldn't eat any where that has sanitation score that is lower than 98. Most restaurant add 2 to 3 point they receive for their sanitation education so if I subtract 2 or 3 points from 95.5 the actual score is only 92.5 or 93. What good the training and learning do if they don't apply what they learned to work.

Reviewed January 17, 2010

True to the name, good and big margaritas, but a bit expensive. Food is reliable and good. Always gets a good crowd. Outdoor seating available. What else can you say? It's a Mexican restaurant that's worthy of repeat visits. That's good isn't it?