“Good Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went here on recommendation from hotel. She said it looks like a hole n the wall but good food. She was right everything was very fresh and pretty authentic tasting. Looks like a hoarder owns the place stuff everywhere and dark but gives it character.

1  Thank JMRow

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Their mojitos are the best around but that's not the only reason to go - their food is spectacular! Service is great and the atmosphere is so laid back and colorful. Great place to chill after a long day of work or for a nice Saturday night.

1  Thank jermsshan
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I say hidden gem because it is located in a very unassuming strip mall....but the restaurant itself is far from average! I have travelled to Mexico many, many times and have eaten wonderful Mexican meals- Dos Taquitos made me feel like I was sitting in a small family run restaurant in Mexico. The atmosphere is really cool- decorations, lights, hats, figurines all hang from the ceiling and the walls. The margaritas were strong and very very good, we shared a carnitas plate that was scrumptious (it was pretty late and we didn't want a full entree each- one pate was the perfect size to share (carnitas, rice, beans, tortillas, chips & salsa. We were visiting Raleigh just or the weekend, if we lived here, I am sure it would quickly become a favorite!!!

1  Thank clkbjk06
Reviewed July 1, 2012

because of a couple of reasons, chiefly ...
1. Food and drink is just too dang good, most other places will just leave you that much more disappointed.
2. A bit expensive for a family to eat at on a regular basis, especially if the adults enjoy beverages from the bar which are very good or an occasional dessert.

Been coming here since they opened 20+ years ago (ate here last week), and NEVER had anything to send back, complain about, etc. With all the change in Raleigh, Dos Taquitos has stayed on my list of places to visit when in town even though I don't live there anymore.

2  Thank OldSchoolDropout
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This isn't your average mexican restaurant. Although it has been there for many years, the dishes that are served there are not your typical Mexican fare. This is a modern menu, still using all Mexican ingredients with flair to it. The house made sangria is very good. The interior decoration is awesome. I love the little huts that are built inside and around the tables. Very tropical. One slight Con: The food was extremely spicy. I like spicy food but my step dad couldn't handle it. I forgot what he got but it was a basic menu item. It was almost too spicy for me. However, its a must have raleigh experience. It gets crowded pretty early too.

1  Thank Can S