“Very nice dinner”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We had an excellent dinner. The food was tasty and properly spiced. The staff were wonderfully pleasant . My daughter and I had a delightful dinner.

1  Thank kjgkl

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I went to lunch with another couple and had the buffet at Kadhai today and it was fantastic. Everything that was offered was flavorful and exceptionally tasty. The proper names escape me now of these dishes but they were some of the best I've had - my three favorites were the black lentils, chickpeas and the spinach. The pakora was very good as were the main dishes: butter chicken, chicken vindaloo, lamb kabobs, goat curry. As I said everything was really good and the staff was very friendly and nice. I think I heard the buffet was $13/pp and it was worth every cent. We can't wait to go back again, this is definitely my favorite Indian restaurant in the Triangle now.

1  Thank TravelingCass
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I decided to try Kadhai instead of our usual Indian spot. It was a pleasant dining room, not fancy, but better than most Indian restaurants we have been in. The server seemed inexperienced and came back to confirm our orders a few minutes after taking them back to the kitchen. But, he made no significant mistakes and was friendly. The food came out promptly and hot. My wife's Korma chicken had a nice mild flavor with a touch of sweetness. My Vindaloo shrimp was excellent, with contrasting sweet and spicy flavors. The shrimp were not overcooked and delicious. I asked for a hotness factor of 8 (out of 1-10), but would personally characterize it as a 5-6. We will definitely go back to try other dishes.

1  Thank rfwtri
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We arrived at 6:25 and were promptly seated (without menus).

Ten minutes later I asked for menus.

Five minutes later, the rest of our party arrived and we asked for four wine glasses (we brought our own bottle).

By 7:35, we were still waiting for a waitress to take our order. That's more than an HOUR after we arrived.

We left and told the waitress why and she offered no apology or excuse.

I cannot EVER remember walking out of a restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our meal was fresh and delicious. During our visit, there were more than 10 customers of the same culture eating at this establishment which tells us that this restaurant serves authentic food. We recommend it for everyone. We went over the labor day weekend and our lunch buffet meal totaled $50 (yikes). I hear that the weekday lunch is more affordable $7. We will return.

1  Thank rodaskew