“Horrible Service Would be an Understatement”
Review of Thai Villa

Thai Villa
Ranked #370 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Thai
Apex, NC
“Horrible Service Would be an Understatement”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I had our first date here over two years ago, so we occasionally revisit it for the good food and the memories. On our latest visit (Saturday, 5/18/2013), the service was abysmal. We were not greeted at the door, but rather quickly shuffled to a booth (in an almost empty restaurant) by a man who seemed annoyed that we interrupted his laptop time. He brushed dandruff off his shoulder in my direction - that should have been a cue to leave.
He came to our table a total of three times - once, to take the order (starting off with, "are you done?"), second, to deliver drinks, and third, to deliver the food. Not once did he speak other than the initial question of, "are you done?" He never came back to refill drinks or check on us. He sat in a booth at his laptop the whole time. Another server was very busy, but still managed to find time to check on us. I think she knew that man was horrible. I am pretty sure he must be related to the owners, because there is no way anyone would hire someone that was so blatantly lazy and careless. I will never return, as the owners didn't seem to care one bit about his behavior.

• Visited May 2013

Midlothian, Virginia
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love the food - pad thai, curry, mango with sticky rice, tom ka - you just can't go wrong with anything on this menu!

Visited October 2012
North Carolina
“Pretty impressive food”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very good food. Lots of different choices on the menu for us to try the next time. Good service. Very Mom n Pop. Atmosphere nothing special to weak, but that probably that was part of the charm. Situated in an out of the way strip mall. Will return.

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“My favorite Thai restaurant in the Triangle!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Don't let it's location in an otherwise uninhabited strip mall fool you- Thai Villa is a high quality dining experience, and my go-to place for Thai food in the Triangle. We had heard good things about Thai Villa, so decided to try it for the first time a couple of months ago. It doesn't disappoint. They have an extensive vegetarian menu, which is great for me, and the Pad Thai can be made without egg to accommodate a vegan diet. The Pad Thai is delicious, as is the Panang Curry- I'm not sure how they prepare their tofu, but it's very flavorful. For meat eaters, my husband has enjoyed the Lad Na and Pad See Ew with beef, and they can modify any dish to be as spicy or not as you want it. The interior, while small, is decorated with various Thai kitsch and is a cozy place to enjoy a great meal.

• Visited June 2012
North Carolina
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Situated at the end of a somewhat forlorn strip mall, the restaurant might not initially raise your expectations beyond what you would find ordinarily in an ethnic food establishment in a commercial area that appears to need some upgrading. Enter, fair diner, to enjoy what is the best Thai food I have encountered outside Bangkok. The Thai Villa is fairly small - - eight booths and about the same number of tables, clean,nicely decorated, with an atmosphere needing only a decrease in the volume of quite obviously what is not Thai music. Diners are extended a friendly greeting upon entering, and the sense of being an appreciated guest is maintained throughout the experience.

The menu features three soups, 14 appetizers (the fresh basil rolls taking top prize), eight meat-centered items classified as "entrees", six curry dishes, nine noodle/fried rice offerings, plus several "Chef's Favorites". The menu explains the levels of heat thusly: The degrees of spiciness (describes below," meaning from mild (said to have a stimulating kick) . to very hot (characterized as "burning sensation.").

I make it a point to sample Pad Thai in eating establishments, as a measure of quality, flavor, and presentation. Thai Villa gets high marks in all three categories. The other offerings have been consistently excellent.

• Visited May 2012