“Freshest and Best Sushi in Raleigh, NC”

Tokyo House Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I think we have eaten at every sushi restaurant in Raleigh and I think this is the best. I have watched it grow over the years and it just keeps getting better. David, the main sushi chef, has trained at several restaurants including one that used to be my favorite. Now he is at the Tokyo House and there is not better sushi or Japanese/Asian cuisine anywhere. The rolls are innovative and the staff is accommodating. The price is reasonable and you won't get fresher food anywhere. Their soup and noodle dishes are outstanding and the atmosphere is so relaxed. I can honestly recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

2  Thank Bernierone
There are newer reviews for Tokyo House Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my favorite sushi restaurant. Fabulous quality, super fresh, generous portions, reasonably priced, excellent service, and you are NEVER rushed through your meal. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Lucas4
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a good dependable place for fresh sushi. Staff is pleasant, service is good. We love to visit on a cold winter day and dig into the udon noodle soup which is very good. I would rate it as a good neighborhood Japanese restaurant.

1  Thank neriagechris
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We just moved here from South Florida (Miami area) and have to say this was a pleasant surprise... we love sushi and this was the 3rd place in Raleigh we've tried... definitely 3rd time is a charm! Highly recommend it. Staff is extremely friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. Sit at the sushi bar and stir up a conversation with the rest of the guests and chef. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank rznegron
Reviewed October 13, 2012

To be honest most sushi places, just about anywhere are interchangeable, and why not, since there is usually only one or maybe two suppliers of sushi to the restaurants in any given state. I've eaten here a number of times (I have a bonus card full and plan to redeem next time). Fresh good fish. Their ginger dressing is not my favorite, but still good. Typically, I order salmon, yellowtail, mackerel and I usually stick with California roll, cucumber or oshinko roll, but they have a good selection of other rolls. The pieces are generous and reasonably priced. Service and atmosphere are average or above. If you like sushi give it a try.