“Great food and great for groups!”

Vinnie's Steak House & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinnie's Steak House & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sawmill / Mourning Dove
Description: Welcome to Vinnie’s Steak House and Tavern, the premiere destination for fine dining in the Triangle since 1987. Independently owned and operated, Vinnie’s proudly serves Certified Angus Beef in a variety of cuts and sizes, featuring Prime New York Strips, Dry Aged Ribeyes and a Bone-In Filet Mignon exclusive to Vinnie’s. Vinnie’s also offers the freshest seafood available, including our Jumbo Cold Water Lobstertails, classic Italian fare, Farmer’s Market vegetables and homemade desserts. Our display wine cellar houses an extensive selection of wines from around the world and serves as a centerpiece to our intimate and elegant dining room. White linen, vintage leather chairs and sparkling crystal will set the mood for a more than memorable dining experience, no matter what the occasion. For those truly exceptional occasions, Vinnie’s has three private rooms to host special events for groups of 8-80 and banquet packages are available for groups of 20 or more. If a formal setting is not what you desire, Vinnie’s Tavern offers our full dinner menu, as well as a more casual Tavern menu. Our covered patio equipped with heaters and ceiling fans offers fabulous outdoor dining nearly year-round. An ever-changing selection of wines by the glass, premium whiskeys and single malt scotches, a yearly contender for Best Martini in the Triangle and a wide array of domestic, imported and specialty beers ensures a libation to suit every palate. Please join us for your next night out and let Vinnie’s Steak House and Tavern become a tradition with you.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

we had a group of about 20 people and they kept it coming the whole time. The food wasn't the best I've had but the wines were great and the steaks were of good quality (between longhorn and ruth's chris). the decor definately needed to be upgraded.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Returned after a long absence. We were not disappointed. Not on a par of the top steak restaurants but I have not found a top steak location in Raleigh.
Bartender seemed to lack experience but gave it an excellent effort. Will return again.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Vinnies used to be excellent ... it was the go to steak place in North Raleigh. We ate some great meals there. After not having been for several years we decided to eat there on a nostalgic whim. Our food was terrible. The owners need to spend some money on the decor and make some changes in the kitchen. They still want the top dollar but are not delivering that kind of experience. It is definitely NOT the "best steak place in the triangle".

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The food is good, the service is good, the price is good. I would go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

After discussing this for several weeks, my husband and I, along with another couple met at Vinnie's for dinner. We had a variety of dishes and some were great, some good, some inedible. For that reason, I'm not sure I would return. Even though I was not the person to order the unbelievably badly cooked lobster, I'm afraid I would get something just as bad on a return visit. The Tuscan bean soup was good and my husband said his blackened prime rib was outstanding. I ordered crab cakes and they were good, but nothing better than other places less expensive. One person in our group had the salmon and she liked it. I tasted the twice baked potato and it lacked flavor, so I would not recommend it. Now to the lobster the fourth person in our group ordered... not only was it heinously expensive for the size of the lobster tail, it was truly unappetizing to look at, and completely inedible. I can't believe that meal came out of the kitchen or that the server put it on the table. Nor can I believe how the restaurant handled this $45 mistake. Our friend was so disgusted with the lobster, he re-ordered a rib eye and only ate a little bit of it. The restaurant comped one piece of cheesecake to be divided between the four of us and to my knowledge that was the extent of their attempts to make things right. I did not actually see the bill to see if the steak was comped or not. The drinks were good, so I'm thinking you might want to drop by and have a drink and an appetizer and go somewhere else for dinner. I wasn't impressed enough to return but my husband might think differently, but I'm pretty sure Vinnie's lost four customers that night.