“order it 'medium hot' and smile”
Review of Swad Indian - CLOSED

Swad Indian
Cuisines: Indian
Raleigh, North Carolina
“order it 'medium hot' and smile”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

After extensive travels to India, my husband and I crave the good stuff. We are thrilled to have Swad Indian in the neighborhood. Very good rosemary naan and all the traditional dishes. Very good and friendly staff always accommodate our children as well. Nice place. Delicious food.

Visited June 2014

Raleigh
“One of the Best”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My mother and I went for lunch today to celebrate Mother's Day early. The food was outstanding! We had the buffet because it contained all the dishes she wanted to try. There were about 10 different vegetarian dishes on the buffet, and each one was good - most were delicious. The naan, which was excellent, was brought fresh to the table. I ordered club soda and had unlimited refills. I don't eat sugar and was pleased with the refreshing fruit (cubed melon) provided. The value is exceptional (well worth $12). I loved the decor. The wait staff were friendly, patient, and attentive. I place this among one of the best Indian meals I have eaten (and I have eaten a lot of Indian food over the years).

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Atiya-in-Raleigh
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal and very hospitable staff”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We recently ate here with a friend who lives in the Raleigh area. She had tracked this place down because one of the staff had worked in another area Indian restaurant, Tamarinds, so she was confident of a good meal.

First off, the owners have made a real effort with the location and it has a very nice modern feel. We particularly liked the comfortable booth we sat in, the art on the walls and the light fittings are very stylish.

We had a variety of dishes, including one not on the menu because it was a favourite. The chicken biryani i had was really delicious, possibly the best I've had. My other half had tandoori lamb shank and this was very aromatic and flavourful.

Service was impeccable and for the quality of the food the prices were very reasonable.

Most of the diners were a young crowd and the restaurant stays open fairly late by local standards.

All in all highly recommended - if we are back in Raleigh I would definitely seek it out.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Surreyglobetrotter
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Trending the wrong direction”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I had a fabulous meal when we first ate hear in October of last year. The service was excellent, the food was fresh and tasty, the portions were substantial and the prices were reasonable. Since that time things have gone down hill. Our appetizer came as we were finishing our main course. The nan was burnt and the food lacked the taste of our first visit. Our server explained that a cook had left the kitchen. The turnabout was dramatic and quick leaving us with no desire, after three trips, to return.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank DanTColeman
North Carolina
“Great Evening in India”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner last night at Swad. This was our first visit and we will definitely be going back. Admittedly, we needed a less spicy evening that night so the staff accommodated us by toning down the spices for us. But the flavors still came through wonderfully. I ordered the Chicken Tiki Masala and the chicken was prepared just right and the sauce wonderful. My daughter who is a real veggie person ordered the Baingan Bharta which neither of us have had before but heard was wonderful. And it was indeed great; she had to share some with me and I will definitely order that again. And we appreciated the wonderful service and attention to our needs by the wait and chef staff. They were accommodating and attentive to our needs in every way. We will now choose Swad for our Indian fix. Great addition to North Raleigh!

• Visited September 2013