“Pulled a fast one” 2 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
China Star Cafe
Ranked #862 of 1,439 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pulled a fast one”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had tried this place abpout four years ago, So I was told they have improved, So I decided to give them a try on staurday, 10/19, I ordered fried chicken wings & pork fried rice, mind you the price was too high!!, Also they don't give you whole wings like everyone else, they break them apart and give you two wings like its four they are getting ove on people!, Never again Will I go to this place, it sucks

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent Takeout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The food is excellent. This restaurant is brilliant for take out. The food is very tasty and portions very generous. Not a very good sit in restaurant

• Visited August 2013
Frisco, Texas
“Fresh fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were staying at a hotel nearby and decided to stop in for dinner. It is not anything fancy but the General Tsao's was hot but not too spicy. My daughter ordered the Sweet and sour chicken and enjoyed it. The persons are friendly that work there also.

• Visited August 2013
Usa
“Unreliable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE EVER! Well if you don't mind not knowing exactly what you are ordering, then you might be okay. This was my favorite Chinese restaurant. It is not convenient to my home but we would make the hour long trip anyway. Unfortunately now you do not know exactly what is included in you meal or what they are going to charge. The last 3 times we used this eatery our totals did not make since with what we ordered. When my husband or I asked about it we got the usual response of broken English ending with we were charged correctly. Today however I feel they crossed the line. For $20.34 we got 1quart of sesame chicken with a pint of steamed rice a an order of egg fu young consisting of three piece and a container of some sort of brown gravy but no rice or egg rolls. We were charged $7.75 for the 3 pieces of egg fu young with no side items. That is ridiculous. On June 17 we got a lunch portion of sesame chicken steamed rice an egg roll as well as a portion of egg fu young consisting of three piece and a container of some sort of brown gravy as well as fried rice and an egg roll with this meal for $14.90. I do not understand how we were charged $5.44 more today but did not get close to the same amount of food. I usually do not make post but when you try to talk to them you are ALWAYS wrong in that broken English. They speak better when you are ordering but if you ask a question then it is a different story. The bottom line is basic math it does not make since to get less food while being charged more.

Visited June 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Chinese takey outey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Really yummy selections! Spring rolls are a must. I usually ask for my meals MSG free. I have never been dissappinted; beef, chicken, tofu, lomein all good. Great, friendly, fast local spot.