“Average Chile's”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Nothing fancy, you get what ever menu that is being used nationwide. People were pleasant. Place was clean.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stopped in at this restaurant on my way back to my hotel from a day around Raleigh. The staff at the front entrance were very attentive. The server was very good, in fact one of the better ones I have had. I do a lot of travel and this server seemed to be happy that I was there. He recommended items of interest and was very prompt with drinks. The appetizer I ordered was okay, I orderd the Queso, the chips were warm and good, the Queso was nothing special. I ordered the combination meal, salmon and sirloin. The salmon was overcooked and hard on the bottom, not tender and flaky at all. The sirloin was good and cooked to specification. The broccoli side was awful, it tasted like the broccoli had been around for a week or more, it was not fresh. Overall, great staff, poor food quality.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our family of nine showed up at opening time on Sunday morning, and were greeted warmly and taken to our table. Our waitress was very friendly and interacted well with all my family. She made various suggestions on menu choices, and ways to get the most value. Everyone enjoyed their entrée, and we will definitely come back here when we're in the area again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

After 10:00pm there seemed to be very limited options for food in Raleigh. At least on our route to the hotel. Chile's was still open so we stopped. My wife and I split an old fashioned burger with sweet potato fries. We both enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. Of course we were about the only ones eating vs watching a game in the bar.
Yes, it is a chain, but we all know that. We were looking for FOOD, not a unique dining experience. I was quite satisfied.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I did a car side order at this location. Food wasn't bad. Service was disappointing. I was sent to the bartender to pick up my order. Which is fine. That is common. I explained I had a carside order. Which I could see plainly behind her. She told me she was training a new associate so I should wait for the other bartender. Ok, fair enough. Another bartender comes up and asks me what I want to drink. Nothing. I just want to pay for my carside order that is directly behind her and get it. She tells me to wait and helps a customer at the bar that arrived after me. She makes his drink, takes his order. Comes back and takes another walk in. By now I'm annoyed. I ask her if she can please stop what she is doing for 30 seconds to turn around and get my order from the counter behind her and ring me up. She finally does it and rings me up. Despite this I still left her a 20 percent tip because I work the service industry and know the importance of a tip. As I am walking out I hear her discussing with the other bartender that she hated carside orders because she never gets tips and that we waste her time. I walked back to the bar and politely told her that if she read my credit card receipt before complaining she would have seen that I actually did tip her despite everything. Of course then she was very apologetic citing a bad night. Ok, fair enough I guess. I'm a flight attendant. So we all have bad days. Not a major thing. I understand where she is coming from because probably car side orders don't realize they have to tip. But the service was poor enough that I will choose a different restaurant.