“The best Golden Corral I've ever visited!”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #689 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I must say that this is not a restaurant I frequent. We were in town for the weekend and this one was close to our hotel. Im glad we went. The food choices were almost limitless: asian, mexican, country/soul food, seafood.. The food was fresh, replaced promptly if empty or getting low and flavorful. We found a few dishes quite salty but that was overlookable once you've eaten the other dishes that were so very good! I was surprised at the size of the buffet, My Honey was impressed. We had to go back the next night to cover more ground! They even had a balloon girl there who was making balloon animals for the kids. A manager came by to make sure everything was ok. I saw lots of people-adults and kids alike-with cotton candy. It was busy but we never had problems finding seating, or getting through the line promptly. Someone commented that it was overpriced? I travel a LOT for work and pleasure, and I found it an excellent value. The buffet was $10.99 plus 2 bucks for each drink. We paid about $15 each including tip. I dont know what most people pay for meals these days, but we usually pay much more per person.

Try this Golden Corral. You are certain to find some dishes that will make you want to return as well.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have gone back a few times to this place. I always see food that is long past its prime. Pasta that has turned hard from being under the lights too long. The pot roast which they are famous for is always too salty. I do like their fried fish. They have a seafood salad that is pretty good. It is a little too salty but not so bad that you drink for hours afterword.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Let me start off by saying I havent been to a GC in years. I simply thought it was overpriced and the food was just bad. Well, we visited this one and I was surprised when I walked in.Very nice in the inside! Food..They have really stepped up there game when it comes to choices of food. If you cant find something you want to eat then you are simply crazy! From wings to Seafood they had it!! We or shall I say I(wife never pays for crap! WTH?) usually pay about $30 at applebees or a spot like that. Service. Very nice management staff. The chef manager was taking care of business on the line. He was like good job guys and calling out the orders.(So props to the manager that was working the line on 8/5 at about 12pm! When I asked him about what a item was he expalined it and was like enjoy and my pleasure! So, yeah I will be back soon!!!!!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Golden Corral on Genwood Avenue across from the Promenade is the all-time best we have visited in the entire USA. We do frequent this chain because of the variety. No matter how many of us are in the party everyone can find atleast one favorite protein. The fried chicken is better than the Colonel's. The seafood salad is made with a high quality of crab mix and the best I have had. All Golden Corrals are little different but this one is the all-time best. Extremely clean and the employees are always busy. The foods are put out in small amounts but kept full which adds to the quality.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

The variety of food was amazing. I typically to not like Golden Corral, but this one changed my mind.