“Bad customer service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 30, 2015

This restaurant has above average food. It is next door to the Duraleigh Library Branch, so I routinely order food to go, then browse in the library until it's ready. Today I went in and had a bad experience. They have a lo mein lunch special for $6.15. They do not list chow fun or chow mei fun (rice noodles) on the lunch special, but charge the same price for these noodles as they do for lo mein on their regular menu. There was a man behind the counter, I pointed to the lo mein, and asked specifically if I could exchange for chow fun noodles, he said yes, but then walked away. A woman then took my order, but charged me much more than the $6.15 plus tax. I told her that the man said I could exchange, she refused to honor it. She then called him on her cell, had an extensive conversation in Chinese, from her body language it seemed as though he confirmed my story. She said "chow fun takes too long to cook" as the reason for not honoring the lunch special price, although it could be ordered from the regular menu at the higher price she tried to charge me. She had cancelled the order so the cook never prepared mine. I refused to pay the higher price, had wasted about 10 minutes of my lunch hour, and the chef was busy with the 3 orders that came in after me, so I took my money and left. Won't be going back.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank NCdoc1

Been to Chinatown Express? Share your experiences!