“Great business casual dining experience”

Trali Irish Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 1,483 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a really nice find thanks to the Yelp recommendations as well as the iDine affiliation. Great beers on draught. I couldn't get enough of the Imperial Red Ale special. High gravity and very smooth. Started out with the mussels appetizer as well as the pigs in a blanket. Nice size sausage with a pastry wrap. Three of us had to split 4, but it all went. For my main course, I had the housemade Chipotle Black Bean Burger. It was very tasty. Spicy, but not really hot. My colleagues all enjoyed their entrees as well.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We started with a bottle of Magners each, served with a glass of ice. My wife's was fine, but mine tasted a bit odd. After another taste, I realized I was tasting and smelling something like bleach. We informed the waittress and she smelled it, said OK and returned with a new glass full of ice, having dumped my previous (3/4 full) glass and without apology. This glass, empty, smelled even more of bleach, so I called her back. Again, a simple OK and after smelling it , she returned with a new glass. No apology, no replacement for the dumped cider. The third glass smelled fine so we completed our meal. The food was good, not great, but the experience and lack of good customer service left us deciding to never return. Ther are other really good Irish pubs in the area where they know how to rinse dishes and treat customers with respect.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I decided to go out on a limb this time and try things I had been curious about/never had...so I have nothing to compare. We had Bangers and Mash, I tried to feed to the baby (DB) but she had no interest in the bangers (alone they were rather bland) and just a little bit of the mash. When I tried it with meat, mash and gravy, it was pretty good, but probably not something I would order again. I also ordered the Reuben, even with the kraut on the side, it was gross. I dont know if they put too much thousand island on it, or it was normal and just too much for me. But it was cooked panini style and crunchy, and once I wiped off the extra dressing, the bread and corn beef were very good. Yum. DD got hot wings and they were good, but hot...there was no mild. They served ginger ale, yah. It was a nice atmosphere, we sat in the "library" which had a wall full of books and a fireplace. The furnishings were dark wood and the wall booths looked like one long comfy couch. Nice waiter.
Oh, no booster seats, only high chair or not.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is still one of our favorite restaurants in the area. The fish and chips were very good and the salmon was good as well. The potatoes that came with the salmon were less than spectacular. I expected a little more flavor. Otherwise the beer and food were great and we will continue to return.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have visited several times and always pleased with the meal. The Bangers & Mash were wonderful. The staff can sometimes be a little slow, but once you engage them in conversation they tend to warm up. Good brews as well.