“Wonderful macarons and roulade!”

Hereghty Heavenly Delicious
Ranked #41 of 55 Dessert in Raleigh
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I went here specifically for the macarons. They were prepackaged and so you can't choose your flavors. However, they all were very good. I have had some very flavorful macarons before and these were close. I would go back and get these again. We also purchased the roulade which is a sponge cake rolled with cream inside and outside. It was sooooooo good. The cream itself was wonderful.

1  Thank Florafitzpatrik

Reviewed October 4, 2013

i came here for one thing and one thing only: French Macaroons. Raleigh NC does not have a huge market for these Parsien goodies but this is one place that makes them. (the other being Upper Crust) They come pre bagged in either 6 or 18 i beleive. I was disappointed to learn that you could not choose the flavors and because the 6 pack only had a few i opted for the larger one. It was around $18 but i'm willing to pay good money for quality. I started with a pink one while my wife tried a green one. She took one bite and handed it back to me. It was indeed very bland and appeared that the only thing added was green food coloring. The pink one tasted a bit like birdseed with a seedy jam-like filling instead of a ganache. The yellow one tastes like butter, bitter cake mix, and lemon. The only one i liked was the white one which was more of a french vanilla. Trader Joe's has macarons in the freezer section that were much better than this.

there's much more than French macarons here but an establishment that bills itself as a patisserie shouldn't struggle in this area. I've been to Paris before and the only thing that resembled that were the prices. won't be back