“A go-to for quality mexican food”

Toreros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #199 of 1,450 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Mexican
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
“A go-to for quality mexican food”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Possibly one of my favorite mexican restaurants. I love their selection, and the quality of food. Their fajitas are out of this world! They also have wonderful lunch specials during the week, which make it convenient and budget friendly with coworkers.

We will definitely be visiting this restaurant for many years to come.

Visited November 2013

North Carolina
“More is not MORE”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The basic recipe here is to overspice the food, give it in very large portions, and charge more. But throwing in more spice, to cover up that you don't really know how to bring out the best flavors in the food, and heap it on, does not make for a great deal or great tastes. Mind you, for a sweet tasting salsa, this is one of the best and the chips are good. But for the main entrees, higher than average prices, and big plates, end the end, do not really bring a good taste together to make it very satisfying. It's worth a try. But much better alternatives are out there. Salvadoran food is one option if you want something different.

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food & service”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Torero's always has great food and service. They were pretty busy this time but still brought our order pretty quickly and were attentive. Great place to go with family (kid friendly), friends, etc.

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Nothing special”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

In a city with plenty of good Mexican food there is no good reason to hit this one. Too much menu and too few treats.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mike g
Raleigh, NC
“Ole! Relaxed family dining”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Bringing very young children with you when you dine is always interesting, even challenging. So when my son and daughter-in-law and their two daughters ages 1 and 3 visited me recently, I selected kid-friendly restaurants. I knew that I was in the right kind of place when the waiter grabbed a fistful of crayons and coloring sheets and showed us to our table!

Now to the food. Honestly I have never seen so much food on a plate. My son and I had the pork carnitas. The portions were enough for 3 hearty eaters. The pork was tender and seasoned just right. Forkfuls of the tender meat and toppings filled the tortillas making for the tastiest of Mexican finger food. My daughter-in-law enjoyed a plate with a chicken enchilada and a chimichanga which she pronounced as very tasty. The girls enjoyed a Mexican pizza in between bites of my son's carnitas.

One of the diners at a table across from us was celebrating a birthday. After feliz cumpleanos in Spanish the waiter gently pressed a small cake into the birthday boy's face. That's a Mexican customer, of course, and was accompanied by much laughter and congratulations.

Thank you, Toreros. We enjoyed our food in your relaxed surroundings.

• Visited May 2013