“For breakfast only”

Brigs Great Beginnings
Ranked #116 of 1,444 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brigs Restaurants have been providing great quality and great priced breakfast, brunch and lunch fare for over 25 years. Brigs provides Weekday Breakfast Specials starting at only $6.49 from 7 am til 11 am. The entire Brigs menu is available from open until close daily.
“For breakfast only”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just an update to an earlier review. Having eaten dinner and a few breakfasts at Brigs I can only recommend breakfast. The lemon ricotta pancakes (I believe it was May's special) with raspberry syrup was probably the best pancake I've ever eaten. Staff is very cheerful and accommodating. Dinner was so so. Go for breakfast. If it's your birthday it's free!

• Visited June 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“The best place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Breakfast specials Monday to Friday until 10 am. Huge portions and cooked to perfection. The best corned beef in Raleigh! Perfect chicken salad and chef salads. This restaurant is not to be missed. Excellent service!!

Visited August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Breakfast the way it should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We go to Brigs every time we need a little comfort breakfast. Their pecan waffles are so wonderful that I base every waffle everywhere else on whether it meets Brigs standards. So far, no one has come close! The servers and the host staff are always attentive and friendly. You hardly have to wait long for your food no matter how crowded the restaurant. We know that their lunch/dinner menu is also a big hit but we just have to have breakfast every time we go no matter what time of day. Omelets are big and flavorful, juice is fresh, coffee comes in a carafe so you don't have to wait for a server every time you need a refill, grits are creamy, and french toast is divine. They have specials each month and they are also very tasty. No matter who we bring with us, they love it too!

• Visited June 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice place. Have been to the Brigs in Durham at RTP and this one continues the tradition. Food ad service was great. Whenever I'm in this area overnight, this will be my first stop in the morning. Hence Great Beginnings

Raleigh, NC
“Thought it was impossible to mess up breakfast...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We went to Brigs this morning after hearing so many people's praise. I knew there wouldn't be a long wait since Raleigh is a ghost town on holiday weekends. We were told the wait was 10-15 min but didn't have to wait that long. Sat down and noticed no one in our room actually had food on their table, not a good sign. After milling over the extensive menu, I ordered my usual at similar places - Spanish Omelet with grits and rye toast, husband ordered pancakes and eggs. The wait for food wasn't as long as expected but I made the mistake of not specifying "no butter" on toast or grits and my toast and grits were absolutely grossly smothered in butter. I asked for replacements for both. Omelet was mediocre at best. No flavor at all, surprising as it was filled with green chiles and jalapenos with salsa on top. Omelet eggs were still runny. I was able to stomach about 1/3rd before giving up. Husband's pancake was good, he did not eat his eggs as both our egg dishes still had the "egg crust" all around edges from burning on the pan. We will not be returning but will continue going to our regular reliable and less pricey breakfast spot nearby. Save your time and $ by not bothering here.

• Visited May 2012