“Thought it was impossible to mess up breakfast...”

Brigs Great Beginnings
Ranked #113 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brigs Restaurants have been providing great quality and great priced breakfast, brunch and lunch fare for over 25 years. Brigs provides Weekday Breakfast Specials starting at only $6.49 from 7 am til 11 am. The entire Brigs menu is available from open until close daily.
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We went to Brigs this morning after hearing so many people's praise. I knew there wouldn't be a long wait since Raleigh is a ghost town on holiday weekends. We were told the wait was 10-15 min but didn't have to wait that long. Sat down and noticed no one in our room actually had food on their table, not a good sign. After milling over the extensive menu, I ordered my usual at similar places - Spanish Omelet with grits and rye toast, husband ordered pancakes and eggs. The wait for food wasn't as long as expected but I made the mistake of not specifying "no butter" on toast or grits and my toast and grits were absolutely grossly smothered in butter. I asked for replacements for both. Omelet was mediocre at best. No flavor at all, surprising as it was filled with green chiles and jalapenos with salsa on top. Omelet eggs were still runny. I was able to stomach about 1/3rd before giving up. Husband's pancake was good, he did not eat his eggs as both our egg dishes still had the "egg crust" all around edges from burning on the pan. We will not be returning but will continue going to our regular reliable and less pricey breakfast spot nearby. Save your time and $ by not bothering here.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Terrific selection, no-nonsense approach. Excellent omelets. Interesting monthly specials. Very low key. Great place to take your entire family, young children included. Noisy inside.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

A friend and I went to breakfast this morning at Brigs. Lots of folks were milling around outside so we were prepared for a long wait. The hostess warned us that it would be 25 minutes (not long at all apparently compared to ther busy Saturday mornings) but it actually only ended up being ~15 minutes. We had perused the menu while we waited so we knew immediately what we wanted. A scramble for my friend and french toast combo for me with copious amounts of coffee for both of us. The coffee was only okay but I have certainly had worse. Food was quickly delivered but was an extreme disappointment. My friend considered her scramble only okay and the hash browns (for both of us) were way to oily and not flavored very well. Her English muffin was shriveled and a bit 'extra' brown. My grits were a disappointment as they were such a blank canvas. No real effort was made to turn them into true southern grits. My french toast was the biggest disappointment. No flavor, no spices, no effort once again. They say the syrup is a real maple syrup blend but it tastes horrible. I can make better french toast then this place--and it certainly isn't something I do often.

Some folks around us got one of their famous benedicts, which looked decent. And the lady behind us ordered one strawberry pancake, which I thought was weird until the waiter brought out what looked like a dessert. One pancake buried under that ice cream strawberry and jelly concoction and lots of whipped cream. Not my idea of a good time but I see the draw for some.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Brigs has been a Raleigh tradition for years. Wonderful breakfasts, lunches, and dinners are a given here. Don't miss their pancakes. They are available all day and there is always a special pancake of the month. Saturdays and Sundays are very busy and there will most likely be a wait involved. It's worth it! You will leave Brigs full and satisfied.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Great food, good service! Excellent signature broccoli salad!! A must try! Their home fries are yummy. I haven't had anything there I didn't like! My favorite is the Waldorf Chicken Salad on a croissant...always fresh and perfect! Highly recommend. Great menu, monthly specials. Serves lots of breakfast and sandwich menu items. (they have an online menu I think)

Recommend checking their hours before you go - I have yet to remember them exactly - seem to vary a lot.