“Very unique dining experience”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 1,464 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, French, Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-440
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Very unique dining experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

There is no question the Melting pot is great for a romantic, fun, unique dining experience. The food was exceptional and the service beyond great.

Visited July 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Great food but not great service”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have been to a couple different Melting Pot restaurants and it is one of my favorite places to go. We went to the one in Raleigh last weekend for my son and husband's birthday. Unfortunately we were in a room with 2 large parties (I had asked ahead of time to sit somewhere quiet since we had our 90+ year old grandma with us). It was really loud and we couldn't even hear each other talk. The service was just ok. We waited a long time between courses and were almost late for our movie. We thought 2 hours would be plenty of time. The food was really good- I just love fondue! We did the 4 course meal with cheese, salad, meat and dessert. Save lots of room for the dessert- it is the best part!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Corrie W
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the first time I had ever been to The Melting Pot and it was a wonderful experience. The waiter was very attentive and the food was out of this world!!! It is a very expensive restaurant but definitely worth it for a special occasion.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LeighAnn64
Sanford, North Carolina
“This will be my last visit”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been to Melting Pots before, so knew how it works. We were going for my daughters 17 birthday. Reservation was at 8, arrived at 755 and told a 15-20 minute wait. Seated at 810. Waitress took drink order at 820, by 845, all we had were drinks and we had not ordered. I explained to the waitress we had a long drive home and she said they were busy. Shortly after the manager was walking around, it was 900, we were on course 1 and I explained it was a special night so we did not want to have to cut out dessert but we needed to move along. She said sorry they had several walk ins. Ok... My problem with this is they accepted the walk ins. So, they were making their money but, my experience was diminished. Melting Pot is a splurge for us. Towards the end of the meal, the manager came back over and said again that she is sorry that she staffed for the reservations and did not expect so many walk ins and handed my husband a card and said happy birthday. He smiled and handed to our daughter, it was a melting pot birthday card signed by her, what???? They disappointed me in customer service. The food was fine, as it usually is but for $180 for 4 people, you are paying for the experience also. I will not be back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank IMHO2
Raleigh
“Gooey Goodness”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went to the Melting Pot on a Thursday night for dinner with my family. The food was delicious -- we all had the four-course menu. First course is cheese fondue, second is salad, third is meat, and fourth is chocolate fondue. I had the pacific rim course -- beef, pork, and duck -- and it was delicious. Chocolate and cheese fondues were both amazing. It was a little expensive for all of us, but it was definitely worth every penny. Our server (a young lady with dyed red hair) was incredibly friendly. We will definitely come again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank superblueridge

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!