“Ugh”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #199 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, French, Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-440
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is my problem with the Melting Pot. It's an expensive gimmick. The food is OK if you want to cook your own food and overpay for the privilege.

1  Thank Debbiewanders
There are newer reviews for The Melting Pot

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Can be a little pricey, but if you split a meal and a dessert it turns out for a great little snack and catch up time. Order some drinks too!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had the traditional 4 course menu, the cheese and chocolate fondues were very good but the meat and fish fondue was ok, the chicken looked like it had been siting there for a while, we did not eat it.
It is expensive when you think of what you eat, some inexpensive American cheese, a salad, some meat.... not like you had a prime reeb!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a bad experience with service at another Melting Pot but my son loves fondue so we were in town for a concert and decided to go in Raleigh and try it. I have to say I know we were later than most but they gave us a reservation time so you think we would get the same level of service than if we had come at 6pm but we didn't. The waitress was short with us and not very happy we were even there. The food, as usual, is great and of course the experience of the food is always fun. I can tell you that after this visit I will do the fondue at home from now on!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overpriced and under fed would be my attitude towards this restaurant. Although the ambiance is good the prices are way out of line for the food that is presented.

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!