“We won't be back.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Raleigh, NC
“We won't be back.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family dined at the Wakefield restaurant recently, the lunch buffet. For starters, we almost didn't make it in the door because it was so dirty right outside the door. A full ash tray hadn't even been emptied/cleaned and the trash can was full and it just looked very dirty. Something had been spilled right near this and it was gross. We went into the entrance and that wasn't very clean either. It hadn't been vacuumed recently. I expect a clean appearance in a restaurant. We thought about leaving but were a little short on time and not sure where else to go in that area.

We all got the buffet. Our two kids are 7 and 11. The food was okay, the pizza was the best thing there but the check was $38 which I felt was not a good value. Once I have an impression like that, that's it. I won't eat there again.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank lynne0312

South Florida, Florida
“Lot's of food choices but not good eating”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

LOGISTICS: North Raleigh in shopping area at the sw corner of Six Forks and Strickland. Ample parking, three dining areas. Features buffet till 3pm

BUFFET: Okay, I went back with a group for a luncheon that was the buffet. My last review was a meal from the regular menu. Again, I feel that being billed as Italian should carry at least a reputation for good sauces and pizza. I had a sampling of lasagna, zite with bolognese (sortof) sauce, a bbq rib, some other non-exciting items, a small help-yourself salad. I skipped the baked chicken and chili and a few other things.

The red sauces were just not good and had that same burnt taste I had the last time. Tastes like it was sauce from a can and maybe doctored up a bit and then overcooked it. Yeck! They had a nice variety of pizza offerings. I took a veggie with basil, feta and tomato. Limp crust. Was disappointed. A friend had a slice of pepperoni and liked it but remarked that they had just brought that out. Lasagna was ok -- somewhat too wet lacking significant taste. Dessert offerings were nice and varied.

Overall, it's an okay place if you don't set expectations too high and you want a place that can serve a group with a variety of buffet items.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank wordmobile
raleigh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Few options on the lunch buffet on a Saturday--- Pizza itself very average, not nearly as good as that from chain pizza restaurants (Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's). Service was good and the restaurant was clean. Salad bar well stocked.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank b a
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food, great service staff, dirty bathroom”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We go to Milton's almost every two weeks because the food is consistently good, the staff is great, friendly, and always so kind to families with children, and the pizza one of the best in Raleigh. However, the bathroom is always dirty, and I wish they did something about it. Everything is good on their menu, and their hamburger is delicious.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank George L
“This arrogant, dirty, overpriced joint should go out of business and stop bring an embarrassment”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Dirty floors, untrained personnel, Rudd, poor food, no CLUE what a restaurant is , soggy, inns obtained salad bar of low quality and lacking assortment, in refreshed or cleaned, overpriced food the quality not higher than dominoes at 3-4 times the price.

This place is a dump. Stay away and warn your friends

1 Thank Dengue2