“The food is superb”
Review of Vivo Ristorante

Vivo Ristorante
Ranked #218 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Reviewed April 10, 2014

When in town, I often take my staff to this restaurant. We have always had excellent food--every time. The lunch lasagna is superb and the soups are excellent. The pizzas are wonderful--not too much breading. I had a lunch of soup and a Caesar's salad today and it was perfect. I am trying to lose weight so have to be somewhat selective on the menu but found items that work. It is often quiet and sparsely occupied but it will probably take some time to build a strong returning clientele. .I hope it stays around.

1  Thank Prestoni

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Charming and welcoming - something a little different from Gianni who has been serving up some of the best Italian food in the triangle for over a dozen years.

This place focuses on daily made on premise dishes with a lot of good stuff imported from Italy. The menu is smaller but the ingredients are fresh. The specials are usually more interesting and worthy of trying and I've never had a disappointing experience here.
Gianni is very accommodating so go on a quiet night and ask for a darker corner for a quiet romantic time.

Ok you can probably ask Gianni for anything you want and as long as he's got the ingredients he'll make it for you.

Rigatoni Vodka and the Havanah Cigar chicken special request dishes are insanely delicious.

1  Thank foozed
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Vivo has been open about a year now. We have frequented several times and have enjoyed our meals each time. Vivo is a restaurant by owner/chef Gianni Cinelli located in Peachtree Market on Six Forks. The fried mozzarella appetizer is outrageous. I almost wish this had a different name as it is nothing like the cardboard variety sold at other restaurants. This is fresh mozzarella, lightly breaded and tender. I haven't tried many of the other appetizers as we are hooked on this one. We are pasta lovers so can only comment on these selections. Both the eggplant and chicken parm are excellent. The chicken is tender and juicy and not fried to a crisp. This is served with a generous side of pasta. Vivo's red sauce is very fresh tasting and I am told made daily. It is robust with spices without being overpowering. Thankfully it is also not sweet as some restaurants insist making. Other entrees we have enjoyed include the Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Spaghetti and Lasagna. Bread is served with a side of spiced/herbed olive oil. Beer and wine only. There is live music on Friday's (Bill Stonehouse) which is a nice addition with dinner but not too loud to enjoy conversation. Service is attentive. I hope that Gianni and patrons enjoy this spot as good Italian is hard to come by in Raleigh.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a friend joining us for dinner. She has been there four times and she and her guests had all loved the food.

We started out with a bruschetta appetizer. There were four pieces loaded with tomatoes, mozzarella and a wonderful balsamic dressing. The middle of the plate had spring greens with the dressing also. The presentation was lovely and the bruschetta was great.

I ordered a carne pizza. The crust was thin and crispy, the sauce was very flavorful with real cheese-delicious! My husband had the chicken Milanese. The portion was huge. He enjoyed the dish very much. Our friend had a pasta dish that she said was fabulous. Again the portion was generous and we all left with boxes.

Our server was great, he checked back to make sure we were enjoying our food and that we had everything we needed.

The location had been a sandwich shop prior so the atmosphere is just ok. But there was live music which was a nice touch. We did sit on the other side of the restaurant but the music was not too loud, we could hold a conversation with no problem.

If I lived in Raleigh I would go back, it was well priced, good portions, good service and good food.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Greeted by owner and was charmed by his overall friendliness. Food was good but the menu was limited in choice.