Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #576 of 1,752 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food and service.. prices are good for the amount of food you get. Salads are fresh and amazing

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (86)

Reviewed November 22, 2019

Clean not busy restaurant with acceptable prices and portion size. Steak salad was a best, ribs were OK, ribeye steak was done as ordered. Fast and unobtrusive service. Clean restrooms.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2019

The food is always good, but the service is always meh. It's super, super slow, and the servers seem not to know standard info.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 13, 2019

The steak & lobster special is very affordable at 14.99. Lobster was perfect, steak a bit tough. The appetizer "Blooming Onion" was obviously cooked in old grease and tasted burnt. The service was average, but seemed to be some confusion at the hostess stand making them slow to seat people.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019

When we arrived at this restaurant it was half empty and were seated right away. It took several minutes before our server came to our table to introduce herself and to ask what we would like to drink. At this time we were already to order as he had plenty of time to browse the menu since being seated. We each ordered a salad and it was almost 30 minutes before we got our salads. While waiting we finished our bread and our server only came by once where I had to ask her what happened to our salads to which she seemed surprised we never got them. A few minutes later the manager came out with out salads but nothing was said about the delay.

My salad was served without croutons. We got the triple special that includes a salad, two sides and dessert. Two of us ordered the mushrooms as our second side. While eating our salad the server came to tell us they didn't have any mushrooms. So I asked if I could get the asparagus knowing that it was normally a $1 extra charge. The server immediately said no. She should have at least said let me check with the manager knowing how long it took to get our salads and the issue with the mushrooms. I told her I would take the fries instead. A few minutes later the manager came and asked if there was anything we needed and I told her that she could substitute asparagus for the fries given what we have experienced so far and she agreed.

After we finished our entree's we then waited another 20 minutes for our cheesecakes to arrive. They were each still slightly frozen but otherwise tasted good. Overall our food was very good but the service experience was very bad.

Thankfully the server brought our bill to us when she cleared our dishes before dessert. When she approached the table to clear the dishes she pointed at my wife's dishes and we thought she wanted her plate so my wife handed it to her. She then said she instead wanted to know if she wanted more water. Why would you point at the glass and not ask if she wanted more water? How are we supposed to know what she was pointing at?

I just know that if I am not in a hurry, which we weren't, then it is okay to go here.

Date of visit: June 2019
OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Hello,

We’re very disappointed that your visit ended up this way. We strive to provide exceptional service at all times so you can relax and enjoy your meal with us.

If you’d like to get in touch directly, please fill out our Contact Us form and we will reach back out: https://www.outback.com/contact

Leah
Outback Steakhouse

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!