“Closest To Authentic”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Macaroni Grill is awesome!!! It's the closest thing to authentic Italian that you're going to find in a chain restaurant. The bread is to die especially when paired with the chicken alfredo.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Ate here with a friend over the weekend. The waiter was pleasant enough, but didn't check in as often as I would have expected - especially when I had an empty wine glass in front of me. Tomato soup is fantastic, best part of the meal. Caprese salad was ok, lettuce seemed wilted. Fried mozzarella triangles were crispy (panko breaded) and the tomato dipping sauce they came with was super garlicky. Overall an average meal & what you'd expect from a chain.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Food is always pretty good. Nice clean atmosphere. Usually the service is pretty good. Wife and I went on valentines day night around 9pm and it was still busy so we sat at the bar. The bartender was stretched way too thin. He needed help and it kinda took forever. 1/2 price wine night is always a beautiful thing!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went out for a pre-Valentine's lunch today. Had been to Macaroni Grill before but it has been a while,say...8 months.
The dining waiters were pleasant and suggested I triy their NEW Tapas... my choice was mac and cheese bites and zucchini fritta. Both I had seen in an ad on TV and wanted to try. Then followed with a full plate of fettuccine Alfredo. My husband tried the mac and cheese bites and had lasagna.
The mac and cheese bites were oily and the paper at the bottom proved that....ok...... mac and cheese deep fried.....maybe.....then the fritta came....now the paper was soaked through with oil and the zucchini was deep fried too. Yucky.....
But the best part ..... if you can call it that..... was lasagna.....first bite he says....taste like they used hot sausage..... maybe.... then after several bites....he hit the water glass and kept on going...... even asking for more. Is lasagna suppose to be that hot and SPICY.....I think not.... so he is nursing his indigestion and I have had second helpings of anti-acid to absorb the grease. The fetticchini was bland .... no flavor..... I expected MUCH better.
But the bread is FABULOUS.....I love the hot out of the oven rosemary bread.....should have ordered seconds on that and forgot about trying new stuff..
Needless to say we won't be going back.!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's as you would expect. My husband got a sampler platter as his entree and there was enough food for 3 meals. He enjoyed it thoroughly. The was a wine special that I could not refuse!