“Pure Italian Extravaganza !!”

Romano’s Macaroni Grill
Ranked #232 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place is a sheer pleasure for a 'Gourmand' like me, They serve authentic Italian cuisine. Though the prices are on the higher side, but food can definitely savor taste buds especially the bred they serve you before the meal is absolutely delicious. They also have a great variety of wines.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We sat at the bar for drinks and at a bar table for dinner. Great decision! We got to converse with many of the staff and they entertained us throughout the evening. The food was great and the atmosphere was cozy.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was in Raleigh for 2 nights for business and classic car auction I stayed at Mariott Courtyard next door and ate at Macaroni Grill both nights. Outstanding genuine service. Lobster Ravioli and Shrimp Portofino were both great dishes. I eat at everything from Panera Bread to the Waldorf Astoria due to road warrior travel schedule. This is not the Capital Grill, but neither is the price. Excellent value, good atmosphere, and very professional service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Service: seated in the bar area.... (which wasn't my idea) I was continually passed from waiter to waiter. The waiter/bartender didn't offer the daily specials... which I later saw posted on a blackboard. At the end of the meal not a mention of dessert or after dinner coffee.

Food: The best thing of the evening was caesar salad. Delicious dressing redolent with garlic and anchovy! The Shrimp Portofino - a sad state of affairs: Capelli pasta was limp as an old dishrag; barely a hint of lemon, swimming in a pond of something supposed to be butter; the whole mess was tasteless. The shrimp had no taste. I wouldn't have known it was shrimp, tofu or anything else that is flavorless and textureless. I really used to like Macaroni Grill, but there is much better on which to spend my money.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Macaroni Grill used to be our go to place when dining out with our kids. The atmosphere was always nice, the food was good, and the service was adequate . . . This is no longer the case. We have given MG several chances over the last 6 months to eradicate one disastrous visit we had there, however, after our last dining experience there (last night) I will never return. The waitress was stretched way too thin. Appetizers (two of them) came out 15 minutes apart from one another. Our waitress disappeared for quite a while after that and then somebody else brought us our cold food that had been sitting under a heat lamp long enough to dry out any pasta. There was no use in complaining, this has been pretty much what you get when you dine there for months. Not sure if management changed or what but they are definitely disorganized to say the least.