“The food is great!”

Sunflowers Cafe
Ranked #144 of 1,484 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I have been to the Sunflower Cafe several times now. The food is always fresh and well done. I swear they make the best BLT in town! They also make excellent iced tea. The atmosphere is very pleasant and low key.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This restaurant has an excellent selection of sandwiches and a large vegetarian selection. You need to take your time selecting what you want. Service is order at the front counter and then they call your name. Because of the uniqueness of the sandwiches this place is much better than the average sandwich place. Has a comfortable down home type atmosphere and is locally owned. They also have a good selection of homemade desserts. Worth a try if you are in the Raleigh area.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Decent vegetarian options but it was surprisingly hard to find a good vegan option. Didn't have soymilk for coffee either which was disappointing.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I know this place only makes sandwiches, soups and such... but it was amazing! We were actually looking for a different restaurant but our GPS took us the wrong way and put us right at this place's front door. Since it was hot, we were tired from walking and we had little ones with us... we decided to give it a try.

I didn't know a simple sandwich could be so good! If you go, whatever sandwich you want, you have to try it on the homemade sunflower bread... delish! Thankfully, they were very accommodating to our requests for changes (I admit I had a couple)... and our experience was a good one.

I would have appreciated a few more selections for the kiddos but once again, they were very easy to work with and we were able to find something that both my kids loved.

The owner was walking around while we were there and gave us some insight to some of the different menu selections. It was a lot of fun to be able to take the time to just enjoy the food and talk a little with him.

1  Thank Go2Folks
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Love the vegetarian sandwiches and soup. Also great deserts. They have reasonable prices. A must if you are in downtown Raleigh