“Im hoping it was just a late night bad night”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #980 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Ate here while in town on a business trip. Got into raleigh late and was starving. Usually I love applebees and always have good experiences. This one was less then stellar. When I got there it was dead. I was the only customer there on a wed night about 10:45. I sat at the bar alone and ordered a steak medium rare, broccoli and potatoes. The bartender and the decor were the best part. She was very pleasant in taking my order then she disappeared. Took about 40 minutes till she came back with my food. My steak was more medium well but I was starving it was late and I didnt want to be there another hour. I ate and paid the bill. The staff had football on and were all gambling which suprised me in the front of the house. I was not at all impressed and wont go.back to this particular applebees. I certainly hope it was just a bad experience but am not suprised I was the only person there

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had take out shrimp alfredo. It just didn't tase very good. Not bad. Just not very good. Also the shrimp were very small and [most not entirely peeled]. Almost every bite I had to spit out and peel the shrimp I was eating. So no thanks in the future.

This was business take-out.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The moment we walked in the hostess was quick to greet us which was nice, but from there it went down hill. They put us in the back right section of the restaurant where it was very dark and we were sitting at a table that had an awkward half wall that was only table height that diveded us from a family of 4. There were plenty of other seats in the nice well lit part of the restaurant however we were placed in the dark for some reason. Strike 1. Then our waitress came over to us and asked if we were ready to order. We just sat down, we didn't even have drinks. No we weren't ready to order. Strike 2. The waitress approached us three more times within ten minutes to ask if we were ready to order. She was very pushy. When we finially did place our order and our food arrived it just wasn't that great. My expectations weren't very high, but still they weren't met. I ordered the new lemon shrimp pasta dish and the spinach was way over cooked, the lemon was overpowering and the dish just wan't that good. Strike 3.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We have eaten on Applebee's in several different locations. We have had delicious meals and bland ones. This meal was bland. We were not very hungry so we split an order of garlic rosemary chicken with pasta. There was way too much sauce and it covered up the spices. It was editable but not enjoyable.
I suggest that you try something else on the menu. I wish I had ordered the chicken ceaser salad.
Service was good, restrooms were excellent.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

my husband and I were visting Raleigh for a few days. We decided to get carryout so we picked up a salad and a burger. The burger was fine, but nothing pectacular. I began to eat my Fiesta Chicken Chopped Salad, after I few bites I discovered a long black strand of hair. Needless to say, I went to bed hungry. I contemplated driving back to the restaurant, but decided it wasn't worth the 20 minute drive. This experience is burned in my memory, not more Applebee's for me.