“Great Place”

Ranked #247 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was first invited here for a ladies luncheon. I loved it so much I' ve taken my husband, family members and friends there again and again. It's a great place to meet a friend for lunch. Love the fresh foods, especially the chicken salad croissant. They now serve sunday brunch hope to try that soon. Great atmosphere and decor.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Love this restaurant. Great sandwiches, salads, soup and quiche. The service is great. Prices are very reasonable. Friendly staff.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My first review of Cafe Carolina from 2011 was not stellar. I was wrong.

I now come in 2-3 times a week and I have tried a wide variety of the menu (though I stick to my favorites.)

Food: Excellent, fast and fresh. The Soup/Salad or Soup/Sandwich or Sandwich/Salad combos have great portions and are a good values. I love the Signature Salad, and the soups are wonderful on a cold day. If you have a sweet tooth, they've got you covered: cupcakes, gigantic Rice Krispie treats, pastries, cookies, on and on. Also, the sweet potato biscuits are a must try - you can get one in place of chips or bread with your meal, and I recommend that you do.

Service: I can't say enough about the service, even when the place is slammed the service is wonderful. The staff are pleasant and great at what they do. They welcome you like an old friend and prepare your meal (even the salads) to order.

Atmosphere: Mellow, cafe atmosphere. They have wifi and plenty of seating options (booths, tables, high top tables, and outdoor seating that is pet friendly.) it can get busy at peak meal times, but mid afternoon and later in the evening are ideal times to sit and do work in one of the booths.

Bottom Line: Cafe Carolina? More like Cafe Awesome!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went for first time last week and simply loved it, can't wait to go back. I got the "Huevos Wrapcheros," which is "crumbled chorizo, egg, red peppers, onion and cheddar and jack cheese in a tomato wrap with a side of salsa." Wife got the breakfast quesadilla and said it was very good, too.

I personally didn't care for the potato casserole for I found it too cheesy for my tastes. However, don't not try on my count, for many probably really like it, it seemed like it was cooked really good. They were real cool about it, though, allowed me to switch them for regular home fries and I thought those were very good.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Went with roommate and grandson for breakfast.
Staff was great as well as the food.
Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be going back.