“Used to be much better”

Royal India Cuisine
Ranked #631 of 1,520 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Buffalo Rd
Transit: We are on the route for Raleigh Public Transportation.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Went for lunch today and must say was very disappointed. First of all, the web site prices are VERY wrong. Web site says 8.95 for Saturday buffet. Ah, more like 14. I even mentioned this to the woman who cashed us out and she just shrugged her shoulders. Mango lassis had big chunks of ice in them. Buffet looked rough, though it tasted ok. Definitely not worth $14. Maybe once upon a time this place was the best, but now there are far better options. And the owner seems to have checked out. Doesn't seem like he cares at all. I've probably been there over 25 times, but I think today was our last visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Food was Ok! Nothing Special. The food is the same everyday! I used to drive 1 hour each way to come to this restaurant but lately it lost its charm. Last 3-4 trips Food was ok ok. It seems like it lost Authenticity (Indian Spices/Taste) If they can fix this, they stand a good chance to becoming my favorite Indian restaurant in Raleigh once again like Azitra on Brier Creek Pkwy.

1  Thank Akash_Talati
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This food is the ultimate comfort meal. Go to the lunch buffet and you will not be disappointed.

My favorites ate the naan, chicken curry, salad, butter chicken

Ram is the man.

2  Thank Rushman18
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This is just ok food place. You can only go there once every two years or son. Service is varied based on staff that day.

1  Thank Anonymous49463
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Indian food is one of my favorite types of cuisine. Royal India was one of the first places I experienced it at and I have been coming back for over 15+ years. I make it a point when traveling to larger cities to try a well rated Indian restaurant and this establishment holds it's own.

What I like best is they change the Lunch Buffet daily and their spice level is quite nice (not to Americanized). If you go for Dinner they will make dishes (Vindaloo, etc.) to order according to your liking and heat level - be careful. They do not play when say HOT! The Owner, Ram is always friendly and ready with something nice (flower / Dessert) for your girlfriend or wife.

They used to do Thanksgiving Day Buffet which was really awesome. Lots of different things to try, not sure if they still do as I don't live in Raleigh anymore.

1  Thank OldSchoolDropout

Been to Royal India Cuisine? Share your experiences!