“Great beer selection”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Capital Blvd: Triangle Town Center down from Barnes & Nobles
Description: Welcome to Twisted Fork! Menu favorites such as house smoked NC BBQ, Texas style beef brisket, mouthwatering ribs, fresh ground burgers, and Pastry Chef Richard Smith's famous scratch made desserts join new additions including pizzas made with fresh dough from our bakery. Some say our menu is a little eclectic, and they are right! It's food we love - casual, made fresh and delicious. We think you'll love it too!
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We like this place. The food is average. I enjoy the tacos, especially the shrimp tacos. Portions are much smaller than they used to be, but it's cheap. The pints are $3 and they have a great selection. It's worth a try.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Weekday lunch. Casual menu, reasonably priced. I went with a burger with bleu chees and bacon, very good. Had hush puppies as a side, they were excellent, in fact I could have made a meal just more of them. Waitress was personable and attentive. I'll go back.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Apparently, the restaurant was just recently closed for 10 days for remodeling and revamping of the menu. I have never been before, so I don't know what it was like before the changes but all I know now is that it is excellent. The atmosphere and décor were really nice and the food was great! I loved the fact that you could see them cooking and preparing the meals, which helped me to decide on what I was going to eat for dinner. I saw them plating the fish & chips and HAD to have it. The ribs looked fantastic on the grill and the people at the table next to us were eating a huge plate of chicken nachos that looked unbelievable. The smell in the place was amazing. They have a huge salad bar with everything you could imagine on it. Everything was fresh and fully stocked and their Italian dressing was like none I have ever had before. They also had all their desserts in a case right as you walked in and oooh they all looked so yummy. I did end up ordering the fish and chips and the fish was the best (fried) fish I think I have ever had. The outside was crisp and light, not greasy and the fish inside was moist and fluffy...so good. Our food came out very fast, which is important to me. I also ordered the white chocolate mouse cake and it was fantastic. Best of all, they offer a wide variety of food, so there is sure to be something for everyone to enjoy. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The decor is less "fancy" now, more "kid friendly" looking. They have a new menu now, and the food was just not good. Shrimp and grits were rubbery shrimp and hard/dense grits. PB&J Burger was decent. Kids green beans were not cooked long enough, so even I had a hard time eating them. Waiter was creepy.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Today my daughter, grandson (he is five!) and I went to Raleigh to shop. Twisted Fork is known for "fresh" and it lived up to its reputation. The salad bar looked really fresh and my daughter said it tasted wonderful. My Grandson had shrimp and nearly ate all of it. I had the "Salmon BLT sandwich" with, not salad like I would have liked, but grits. The salmon was done perfectly and the grits were creamy and delicious. As a matter of fact better than I have ever had. My daughter said she had not ever had grits so delicious. The Chef, Sal, was kind enough to tell us the secret ingredients. Heather, our sweet server gave us great service.
All in all, it was just a great lunch. There are several other restaurants in the immediate vicinity at Triangle Town Center, but frankly this is the one to try! Oh and I spoke to two other tables of diners who all agreed this was the best place. One group liked the ability to get "gluten-free" and commented, "great food and service". It was a spectacular Fall day and Twisted Fork made it just that much better. Thanks you guys!

Been to Twisted Fork? Share your experiences!