“Refusing Seperate Checks = Bad Service”
Review of Sushi Blues

Sushi Blues
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Blues is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 22, 2013

There were 10 of us at Sushi Blues tonight and the waitress informed us that we wouldn't be able to split the checks. We didn't think much of it because we were celebrating our friends birthday. It turns out not being able to have separate checks means the customers have way less control over the outcome of the bill. Basically the waitress can do whatever she wants to it and the customer cant do much about it. The problem remains that some people don't drink, or order appetizers or order large meals.

I've read from the restaurants point of view about the expense and length of time of POS systems. I think it is a poor argument. If Sushi Blues can upgrade its outdoor sitting it can upgrade its POS system.

I will never eat here again if I can help and won't go anywhere that wont do separate checks.

2  Thank Josh L
There are newer reviews for Sushi Blues

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Best sushi place I've found in the Triangle after six years here. They always have buy one get one for dining in, and most importantly for me they have several delicious vegetarian sushi rolls. Cool theme, atmosphere, and location too.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been a regular at sushi blues for a couple of years now. To the point where it became a game for one of the servers to guess which of my go to rolls I was going to order this time. I have gone at lunch and dined solo or in the evening with friends and family. The service has always been the same. Not stellar but friendly enough and they get my order right and leave us alone to have a good time. I recently went for lunch and while I enjoyed my meal as always I couldn't help but notice that the price of some of the rolls has gone up and some have gotten smaller. They have redesigned the A la Carte menu and while it is brighter and easier to read, the price increase was immediately noticed by a regular like myself. Namely Sweet Home Alabama has gone up $2 and I got about 2 less pieces on my David Thompson. It wasn't a complete deal breaker but I was disappointed that my normally $18 lunch for 4 rolls cost me $23 instead. Currently their website is still posting the old menu.

They have also changed the plates they serve on. While they are certainly more stylish it was pretty obvious they are smaller and this was to cover the fact that the rolls are smaller. I will continue to go for the BOGO rolls and atmosphere just maybe not as often.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Jordan, our server was great and so attentive. This was a "walk up" that proved to be a real treat - thank you for allowing us to dine with you - Great Food, Great Server (Jordan) and Great Attitude

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Reading all of these other reviews I find it hard to believe any of you have ever had good sushi. My wife and I went here and from start to finish were disappointed. The service was horrible from the hostess, to the bartender all the way down to our waitress. We were told we were "next on the list" to be seated, so we sat at the bar and got a drink. While sitting we watched at least 5 other groups be seated and had to approach the hostess not once but a total of 3 times before we were seated. The waitress was inattentive and unhelpful. They have Mexicans making sushi and the tuna in one of our rolls was most definitely tuna from a can. Avoid this place if you are looking for quality sushi and service. If you like to be jerked around and fed Bumble Bee tuna than this place is right up your alley!

3  Thank Greg D

Been to Sushi Blues? Share your experiences!