“Oysters!!”

42nd St Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
42nd St Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,448 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Street
Transit: RLine stop one block away
New York, NY
“Oysters!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner here with husband and daughter. I opted for the ceasar salad with fried oysters. The salad dressing was excellent - with the hint of anchovy paste. The breading on the oysters was light and the oysters was just bursting in flavor in your mouth! My husband had fresh grouper - expertly prepared. My daughter had surf n turf. We were very pleased with our meal. Highly recommend!

Carcassonne, France
“Great service, food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a great time here and our server Matt added to the experience. We had the steak and scallops, blackened scallop pene and petite filet along with key lime pie for dessert. Everything was perfectly prepared as ordered and delivered to the correct person without questions. We tried the house cabernet to start and it was an easy to drink wine at a great price. We did opt for a different wine for the second bottle and were pleasantly surprised at the full body for the price. This is a large place and we did have a reservation but we were a bit too early for the music but would love to go back to enjoy the bar and live music after a meal.

Dunedin, Florida
“Great for seafood”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife had oysters on the half shell. Expensive and small, but, good. I had fresh grouper and it was very good. Service was excellent. Alcoholic drinks were small but not too pricey. A large group was dining and parking was a problem. Highly recommended.

Solebury, Pennsylvania
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Even though this place is in the airport where prices tend to be higher, this place is still overpriced for what you get. Quality of food is average at best. I recommend going to one of the many other options at RDU.

Boston
“breakfast visit between planes”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had been flying for almost two days having left New Zealand 25 hours ago. I 2was relieved to find a restaurant serving cooked breakfast when I got in to the terminal at Raleigh-Durham. A very pleasant young man welcomed me in to the restaurant and told me to sit anywhere I liked. He was courteous and friendly. His service I had no problem with. The food on the other hand, was sub-standard and cold. I ordered over medium eggs, hash browns and bacon. The meal came with toast. When my food came out it was cold, and the eggs were over hard. The bacon was also cold and the toast was not toasted but grilled and also cold. The server then offered to get my eggs recooked, stating that "the cook is new". As you know , those of us at airports are usually on a time crunch so I declined the re cooking of my eggs. At $20 per person for food and a hot tea and orange juice, I would have expected a better quality of food. This could be a one time problem but I was not impressed.