“Good mexican food, good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good mexican food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Ate recently at the Harvest Plaza Salsa Fresh (there are three Salsa Freshs in the area). Surprisingly large seating area maybe 70-80 in a strip shopping center. This restaurant has been there for years finally decided to try it and I was surprised how good it was. I had the Grilled Vegetarian Burrito and it was really big, well prepared and a good value for the money. They have a really good salsa bar also. The chips were hot and fresh. Recommend you give Salsa Fresh a try.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

raleigh, nc
“Good food and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We really like the food. The service is quick and efficient. We really like the salsa bar as well. I like that they have fish tacos - can't seem to find them in Raleigh very often. Very tasty.

Visited December 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The Best Tamales This Side of Texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

After church one day, my husband and I wanted to go to a favorite sushi restaurant, but it was closed, so we moved down the way at the strip mall and happened on Salsa Fresh. We love Mexican food, and used to live in Texas, where we found it at its best.

Salsa Fresh was a very pleasant surprise. The place is small, quite modest, with very few tables. It's set up like a fast-food place, which it resembles. The fellow at the counter was very friendly, but he misunderstood our order and only brought one tamale plate instead of two. When my husband pointed this out, he quickly brought another one, and didn't remind us that we had only paid for one. When we realized OUR mistake, we quickly corrected it.

The food was excellent. Very, very fresh. We hadn't had authentic tamales since we left Texas in '96, so this was a great treat. The portions were huge. We couldn't finish it all and brought home what was left.

We must have been a little bleary that day, because I left my purse there. We called, and they kindly took care of it until we could return, several hours later.

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience, and if we get to that part of Raleigh again soon, that's where we'll go to eat.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ellen K
Raleigh, NC
“Fresh indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We started going to Salsa Fresh about 4 years ago as someone said they had the best tamales in the Raleigh area. They are certainly the best I have found. Sometimes they are a little dry, but otherwise very consistent. My wife gets the chicken quesadallia which is the best we have found anywhere. The place is small and not much decor. We go to lunch here serveral times a month. The menu is varied and they do serve beer. The nachos look great. There is a salsa bar with 4-5 different types of salsa. The staff is most friendly. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you just after it is prepared so it is always hot.

• Visited December 2012
Ashland, Virginia
“Plain Jane Decor and Setting, Knock your socks off Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just lucked into eating here. We were in a hurry to grab a quick lunch and just popped in. We were both delighted to discover a place where every dish is made fresh from scratch. The carne Asada was perfect and delicious. My wife's shrimp tacos were also wonderful. All the salsas were made fresh and very tasty. It only took one taste of the freshly made to order food and we couldn't have cared less about the setting. Everyone was friendly and to get southwestern food this good normally means a trip out west. I wish we lived here in Raleigh because we would be regulars at Salsa Fresh. It's the real deal.

1 Thank Jackfred