“Great food, outstanding service.”

Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Sullivan's is a top-of-the-line restaurant. There is someone to take care of your every need. Each person in our group commented that their food was prepared to perfection.

1  Thank willkiam

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited Sullivan's Steakhouse with friends to celebrate a birthday recently. Our friends insisted on Sullivan's as the Birthday Lady wanted a good steak.

Sullivan's is located in downtown Raleigh and once entering, it is very nice. Our table was ready and the server very professional and polite. The wine list is more than adequate as the menu very extensive although expensive. The entries run from $25 to almost $40 and everything is ala carte. An average tab can be around $75 per person with an appetizer, drinks, entree but without dessert.

One lady ordered the salmon, which was well prepared and delicious. I had the sea bass special and it may have been the best sea bass, that I've ever had. It was really delicious and the portion was quite large. The Birthday Lady ordered a steak and the other gentleman had the lamb chops. There were certainly no complaints with either sea food entree. They were both excellent. The other two people found the steak and lamb not up to their expectations. The steak was not prepared properly (too well done) and the lamb chops really small. The manager came over and apologized to the Birthday Lady but she was clearly disappointed.

The service was exceptional ! Water glasses constantly filled and every detail taken care of. Frankly, it may have been the best service I've had in years, if not ever. Had the beef been up to a reasonable standard, Sullivan's would have gotten an "Exceptional" rating.

The seafood was excellent and the service well above average for any restaurant. There are several steakhouses in the Raleigh area that are a better value and serve a better steak than Sullivan's.

2  Thank Birdieputt13
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the best experience and meal that we have ever had in Raleigh. Our waiter was amazing and contributed a lot to the experience with this excellent food suggestions (e.g., cheesesteak egg rolls - like so many others have recommended on here). We were treated to a delicious cheesecake because it was our anniversary - perfect way to end our dinner! We highly recommend for a special occasion.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I ended up coming here with some friends for restaurant week and we deviated a bit from the norm by tacking on an appetizer to go with the three course meal. I had heard a lot of good things about Sullivans and was very excited to see what they had to offer.

We had some cheesesteak egg rolls..wow. If you have to get something as an appetizer, get that. It's delish. The salad that came first was a big plate, allowed me to get filled up on lettuce. The steak that came next was cooked wonderfully, the horseradish potatoes was different, but I have nothing to say about it. The key lime pie had a pucker effect as it was loaded with that key lime flavor. Part of me wished that it had mellowed out a bit more.

Only complaint were the prices. We ended up paying a lot for a couple pieces of that egg roll. Beer markups are huge, you're better off ordering water. If it wasn't for the prix fixe prices, it would have cost a lot more money for the dinner, and I'm not convinced that it's worth it. The food was good, service was fine, but this is definitely a special occasion type of place as I would be hard pressed to spend so much money on a regular occasion. It was also very loud, be prepared to feel like you're shouting to talk to each other. That's just something you'll have to deal with.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff was extremely attentive for my birthday dinner! The filet mignon was cooked to perfection. Definitely ask for a booth when being seated. They brought me a little box of truffles at the end of the meal. Thanks again for making my birthday special!

The only drawback was that I thought the house wine at $10. a glass was a little over priced.