“Very Good Food”

Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Raleigh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,444 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Steak is obviously their specialty. I had the Filet Duxelle which is an 8 oz filet that has been split and stuffed with a Mushroom and Marsala combination which is delightful. I was there for a business dinner and the staff was attentive and courteous. We had the cheese steak egg rolls as an app which were delicous. I also had the lettuce wedge salad which was more than I could eat and the blue cheese was delicious. I split a side of the creamed spinach with another diner and we could not finish the portion. My only reason for a 4 rating rather than a 5 was price. It was very good food but I felt with the other offerings in town they were a bit pricey for what they serve. They aren't Ruth's Chris expensive by any means but I could have gotten a comparable meal elsewhere in town for less. But the food was delicious and service was excellent.

• Visited January 2013

“Restaraunt Week Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Having looked at going to Sullivan's for quite some time, the Triangle Restaurant Week deal of a 3 course dinner for $30 was too good a deal to pass up. I figured that the place would be slam full, which it was, but we were constantly catered by an attentive wait staff - particularly our principal waitress, Tiffany, and a friendly waiter who kept our water glasses full. That said, the food was delivered with efficiency. My caesar salad was good, but nothing extraordinary. However, the 6 oz filet with horseradish mashed potatoes and sauteed zucchini was sublime. I like my steak medium well and they got it just right! To end the night, we were served generous sized pieces of Strawberry Cheesecake and Key Lime Pie. Not sure when we'll go back apart from Restaurant Week, but it's definitely a classy, casual place bursting with terrific service and mouth-watering steaks.

• Visited January 2013
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Good during restaurant week.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went their during restaurant week in August. It was a pretty big party and everyone was happy. The service was very good. I had a chicken dish and I was surprised how good it was for a steak place.

Visited August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was in Sullivan's for a private party. The staff was very attentive, and quick to make sure everyone's steak was cooked to the right level, offering to take them back if they were too rare. The wine options were superb, the sides were tasty, and my steak was cooked perfectly

Visited December 2012
Mebane, NC
“Good but Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had dinner here with nine others, we had an 8:15pm reservation and they were on time. It was very slow service but the place was extremely busy and a large party of us. My point is if you are very hungry eat elsewhere if not enjoy the great meal. The waiters worked together so it probably made the service speedier and all were extemely polite. All food that was ordered was very good, but as I said expensive we knew that from past visits. I would recommend eating here to others.

• Visited December 2012