“Holy Overrated!”

Ranked #32 of 1,520 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Glenwood South's most Mellow dining destination. Enjoy a delicious pizza, salad, hoagie, or wings. Relax on our huge patio with a cold, craft beer. Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia. This franchise, operated under Home-Grown Industries of Georgia, Inc., is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Each Mellow is locally owned and operated and provides a unique feel focused around great customer service and high-quality food. We opened this location on Glenwood South in 2002. Mellow Mushroom’s menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Mellow Mushroom is more than just awesome pizza and craft beer; it is a state of mind. Our full service bar features a wide array of craft beers, an extensive wine list and fresh, handcrafted cocktails. Catch day-to-day sporting events on one of our many TVs and every sports channel imaginable. Enjoy a sunny day on our huge outdoor patio. The Mellow Mushroom is open seven days a week Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10:00p.m., and Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday. 11:30 a.m until 10:00 p.m.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

After hearing so much about this restaurant, I was expecting much better. What we got was a pizza with a tasteless crust and, overall, lacking flavor.
My son got a dessert, not too sure if it was a mousse, but it was really bad, like your 12 year old daughter made it bad.
Service and atmosphere were fine.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Were in town visiting family and they took us here. Never heard of Mellow Mushroom before. There was SO much on the menu to choose from, we wanted to try it all. The waiter mentioned that we could order a pizza and get 1/2 of it one kind and the other 1/2 something else. That sold us!! Three out of our party ordered the half and half pizzas, all different kinds. It was absolutely delicious!! We all ate and had enough to take home. That night, we combined all of the leftovers and put on a pizza stone, back in the oven, to heat up. The leftovers were just as good!! I really wish there was one in the Outer Banks of NC or Hampton Roads area of Virginia, as we are centered between the two!! This most definitely will be a stop every time we are in Raleigh!!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have lived in Raleigh for 8 years and for some reason I've only been here a couple of times. The pizza is excellent, much better than you'll get ordering from any sort of chain. It's always very busy which is a good sign, but it can get a little crowded and annoying. If you go on a weekend night then expect it to be pretty loud, but it fits the college atmosphere.

I will say that both times I've gone, I waited a very long time for my food. When my girlfriend and I went last we waited an hour after we ordered to get our 2 small pizzas. The waitress was extremely nice and attentive, but it was kind of annoying that she kept telling us it would "be out shortly" when it definitely wasn't. I have no problem waiting if someone just tells me it's going to be a while for some reason. But the quality of food and friendliness of the staff made up for it.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very busy location near multiple colleges in Raleigh, NC, so be prepared to wait, but it will be well worth it! The hostess told us it would be about a 35 minute wait, it only ended up being 20. I had dinner on a Saturday evening with my son and his girlfriend. We started our meal off with the Spinach Artichoke Dip. It was piping hot and served with some nice toasted garlic bread. It was very good! We ordered a custom pizza, which was extremely tasty. The staff were wonderful and very accomodating!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Met up with our son and his 3 roommates for a delicious dinner of individual pizzas. They were fabulous. All of us -6 in the group- loved their pizza and we all had a different kind!