“True North Carolina breakfast experience”

Big Ed's City Market Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 20, 2014

For a true North Carolina breakfast experience I recommend Big Ed’s. Excellent variety on the menu with excellent friendly staff.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love this place!! I don't eat a lot of pork but wanted something different so I ordered pork chops and two sides and peach cobbler!! All of it was good the pork was good and crispy, biscuits were fresh!! The to go place in Raleigh!!

1  Thank Lashonna_G
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I met a group here for breakfast before heading to a conference at the nearby convention center. After living in Raleigh for the better part of 18 years I cannot believe this was my first visit. I love southern food, and southern breakfasts are at the top of the list. This place does what it needs to, and that's great food, at a good price with incredible service. It's what you expect in a good southern eatery. It might have been my first time, but will not be my last. One word of advice, get there early or be prepared to wait!

1  Thank shevais
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My wife and I were in Raleigh for the Rock and Roll Marathon....along with thousands of others. The day before races it is usually hard to find a good place to eat tank doesn't require a long wait. Big Ed's was a surprise...no wait to speak of and really good food. It was nothing special, just a good standard breakfast which is exactly what we were wanting. The service was very good and price was right.

1  Thank PJL_SC
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Big Ed's City Market gets it! I've been over 30 times & I'm never disappointed. From the thick cut bacon to the home made chicken & dumplings. Doesn't matter if you're in the mood for breakfast or lunch... The menu is big enough to satisfy you but small enough that they execute each southern dish to perfection!

If you're moving to Raleigh or just visiting downtown... YOU MUST EAT HERE! You'll be amazed at how delicious the food is for such a low price!

1  Thank BFrench86

Been to Big Ed's City Market Restaurant? Share your experiences!