“Thanks for making a 70"s birthday stellar!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
raleigh,nc
“Thanks for making a 70"s birthday stellar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

A big thanks to Stacey, Kevin, and the helpful staff of Porter's for making my mother-in-law's
70th birthday party a success. The menu got raving compliments all around (from 6 year
olds to 85 year olds!) ---especially the truffle portabella raviolis, spanikopita,and sublime shrimp and grits. This is why I rec. you to all---great food at a smart price that is consistantly delicious.

• Visited January 2013

“Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this place and can't say enough about it . I've been here for brunch and dinner and they have never disappointed me. This place started my love and fascination of hummus(they serve this before your meal). The staff is great and I love the environment here.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“If you're looking for nice places to go near campus, this should be near the top of the list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been to Porters a handful of times and I've never been disappointed. Good food at reasonable prices, a nice local beer list and solid service. My biggest gripe about the place is the parking. It's bad enough when school is in session to find space, but it doesn't get much better even when classes are over. It also doesn't help that you have to be careful about where you park..I'm not going to get started on the predatory towing practices around Hillsborough Street.

On my last experience, the wife and I had the bbq calamari, the mushroom ravioli and tavern nachos + side of blue cheese mac and cheese (I have to get it every time I visit, can't help myself), and for dessert, had the apple turnover. We were really, really hungry, so we both raved about the bbq calamari. We both agreed that we felt like we were eating sesame or general tso's calamari based on the sweetness of the sauce. I thought the portion for the ravioli was a little skimpy..would have liked to see one or two more added. I remember the tavern nachos being better in the past..still pretty good to eat, but just wasn't what I was expecting. Lastly, the dessert was served on a hot skillet and all of the flavors went together marvelously. Great dessert.

Didn't have to wait to get seated, our server was attentive and helpful. It had been a while since I had been to Porters, but I need to make sure I don't go a long time before coming back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“a very disappointing night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

i went there on a thurs night a few wks ago...there were only a few tables occupied...my friend and i sat at the bar and ordered 2 glasses of wine...the wine by glass were good and price reasonable...we decided to get the nachos...the chips were mad in house....but thats about all that was good...i think they had a special on cheese whiz...
we sat down to dinner and server was good...she got us another drink and then we both ordered the flat iorn steak...we waited about 8-10 min for our order...when it came i complained it was cold..the steak was cooked perfectly and the loaded potato looked good..as well as the side of asparagus ..but everything was cold..even the plate.....she took it back and who i assume was the mngr inquired about the missing meal and we explained...about 2 min ltr the plate came out and again the food wasnt hot...i again complained to the waiters...i didnt order anything else...the mngr did come back by and i told him the problem and he apologized and offered dessert...we declined...i dont know why they coulndt get our food out to us quickly and hot..there were only 2 other tables in the whole place..there are to many other places to go in town to go back again...

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect wedding reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

A good friend of mine hosted their wedding reception here. The bar was well-staffed and the food and drink selection was excellent. This is a well-executed restaurant with friendly staff and a great atmosphere.