“Great for lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Very accomodating for lunch. Great location for NSCU and Meredith campus. Good salads.

There are newer reviews for Porter's Tavern

Reviewed February 19, 2012

RIght across the street from NC State - nice atmosphere, excellent food

Reviewed February 15, 2012

My wife and I visited Porter's on Valentine's Day for a special dinner prior to a show in downtown Raleigh. The food and good selection were very good. We both had the filet and baked potatoes. The filets were very tasting, included a sauce, and were cooked to perfection. We had heard desserts were good and we were not disappointed. My wife had the chocolate souffle and I had the cheesecake. We weren't short on time but the food was served promptly so we made our show on time. Parking and traffic are a little challenging but the directions on the website are good. We live a little bit away so we probably won't go here regularly since we have good restaurants closer to home but this is a great place and would be wonderful in the summer with the porch open.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

great food, adequate service, make reservations as usually busy. Thai chips and lobster mac are delicious!Good wine selection

Reviewed January 30, 2012

To my Porter's family-
It is rare that I visit a retaurant weekly or sometimes twice weekly. But you make it easy! We have been going there for 5 yrs and I felt compelled to finally tell everyone how great you are after tonight!

Mike is the most attentive and friendly bartender in Raleigh and Mark is a great manager who never fails to greet us on every visit. They make every visit feel like a visit "where everybody knows your name."

The atmosphere and staff make the place great but the food puts it over the top. My husband calls it the "best burger in Raleigh"-especially on $10 burger and beer Mondays! I call it damn good food any day! From pasta to steak, I have many favorites. So, thanks to everyone tonight who made our regular Monday visit one of our most memorable anniversary dinners of the past 10 years!
We love you, Porter's! Go visit them!