“Always excellent service and delicious and perfectly prepared steaks”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 1,446 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Raleigh is located in the vibrant midtown community of North Hills. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Raleigh steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always excellent service and delicious and perfectly prepared steaks”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The service at this location has been fantastic every time we have been. The servers are friendly, knowledgeable and unintrusive but more than willing to chat with you if you like... The filet is always perfectly prepared (med-rare for me) and serving your sides onto the sizzling plate always keeps everything nice and hot as you eat.

The service really knocks it out of the park at this location!

Visited February 2013

Rolesville, North Carolina
“Great Steak House”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is not the first time we've dined here and it won't be the last. The food and service was outstanding. We were treated royally from the time we entered to the time we left. Our server, Adam, was great help in recommending various selections as well as wines to go with our meal. It's got to be one of the greatest steaks I've had. This time it was our aniversary and they paced the meal for our maximum enjoyment. We took our time and the 3 & 1/2 hours went by so pleasantly.

• Visited January 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Pricey but delicious”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The filet - hubby had regular cut and I had the petit - was superb. The cut was excellent and not a morsel wasted, tender and delish. Paired with wine, and sides, this was a very good meal. It is dark and cozy in the booths, and the service is good. We generally categorize this as a special occasion spot that we expect to spend $150-$180 for the 2 of us (that includes tax/tips). We've been to 3 different Ruths (2 in NY plus this one) and they are each a little different. One in NY brought cuts of beef (and a live lobster!!) around when we ordered. Another NY Ruths was more open - more tables, less booths, more windows so it wasn't as cozy dark, but it was busy and larger dining area than the other two. This one has the service you expect (crumb brushers and all), a good wine list, and the classic Ruth's steaks. We didn't feel rushed but we did go a little early- it wasn't too busy while we were there. The area is nice- North Hills shopping and browsing can help walk off the meal.

• Visited September 2012
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
“WAY overpriced and pretentious”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I just don't get these places. Yes the food is good, but the value sucks, the service is good, but designed to move you along and turn the table over to the next sucker, not really a relaxing sort of pace. You can find far better choices.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank DougAustin
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice special occasion but too $$$ for daily life - oh & wear elastic pants”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Full disclosure - I am a vegetarian so I did not eat the steak, but they sure looked and smelled good. We went here while a relative was visiting. I wanted to do something special for him as he recently had what can only be described as the "worst birthday ever." He is a huge meat and potatoes guy - so we narrowed it down to three restaurants - Ruth Chris, Angus Barn, and Sullivans. I personally wanted to try Sullivan's, but in the end we had a babysitter and wanted to get home to watch football, so we went with the restaurant closest to the house, which is how I make way too many decisions. Still the North Hills location is great, and they have valet parking (we just walked but it's a nice option).

It was a Monday night, so the place was only about 1/3 full. Typical steak house environment: dark lighting, big leather booths and chairs. Because we were celebrating a special occasion, they put hydrangea petals on our table, which was weird, but whatever.

Our waiter was great - he was friendly without being snobby. He knew the menu well and was also very informed about the wine list. I thought the wine list could've been better given the prices, but it was standard nice restaurant OK. I had a lovely malbec, as did my husband. My brother and cousin had beer, which is only available in bottles, no drafts.

We started with a tuna appetizer, which was delightful. We all had salads - the tomatoes were not very good (it was December) for the price, but the other aspects were fine. I ordered a baked potato and veggie for dinner; everyone else got steaks, which they loved - my husband did not even ask for steak sauce, which was a first. The sides of broccoli, fries, and scalloped potatoes were also very good. Everything arrived hot and in a timely fashion. I had a martini with my dinner, and it was perfect - compliments to the bartender.

They brought us out a birthday dessert of flourless chocolate cake - very good but super rich. I ordered berries and cream, by far the best part of the meal, and the creme brûlée was also excellent.

We had a lovely time, but when the check came, it really, really hurt! Then the 20% tip on top of that, wow! I had been to different Ruth Chris's for work, but never on my dime. I knew what to expect.

In short, I would recommend this for a special occasion meal for a true steak lover or for a generic business dinner. For just a great dinner experience or a romantic occasion (which this was not), I think you're better off at St. Jacque's, Bloomsbury Bistro, or one of the other locally owned high-end restaurants.

• Visited January 2013