“Chintzy Food and Service With Big Price Tag”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 1,526 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Raleigh is located in the vibrant midtown community of North Hills. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Raleigh steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was really disappointed in Ruth's Chris as a setting for a business dinner. I expected such a well-known and high-priced restaurant to have superb food and frankly, I expected it to be a place where clients would be a bit wowed and impressed.

No such luck. The food was good, but not outstanding, the portions were fairly small, the mixed drinks were watery, the service was just adequate, and there were no frills, garnishes or extra touches to be found.

For example, when our steaks arrived, I was disappointed to see just slabs of steak on completely ungarnished plates. The parsley that our server said would top the steaks wasn't even there. Once they arrived, our server completely disappeared.

One of my dining companions complained that his ribeye steak was extremely tough, and another spent a while walking around the restaurant trying to find a server so he could get a new scotch on the rocks mixed because it was almost all water and no scotch.

There are several better steakhouses than this one in Raleigh. Unless you have to eat steak and it has to be in the North Hills area, I would recommend looking for a different steakhouse.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We celebrated our anniversary at Ruth's Chris. We were able to make a reservation to dine early. There were specials since it was Valentine's Day. The ambiance was very nice and the food was incredible!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The atmosphere can be business or romantic. Everything on the menu is delicious and wonderful. The service is exactly what you would expect at a high end restaurant.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was Ruth's Chris. The food was amazing and the service top notch. We went for our anniversary as a special treat, as we can' t really afford to go there with any regularity and it was our first visit. The staff was very attentive and mad a special event out of our anniv. The food was awesome but I felt it was a bit high for what they asked for. There are other fine dining restaurants in the area who have comparable menus and quality of food that aren't as pricey and you get just as good a meal. It probably won't be our first pick at our 20th anniversary but it might takes us that long to save up for it.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had a gift card for $50.00 to use and went knowing there would be more spent on top. Boy was there more. First of all the server looked at us like pariah for using a gift card (see my review on Parizade and how they welcomed our coupon) and the menu was insane. In a market that has the Angus Barn (see my review also) it is a mystery as to how people venture here. To the food.. It was okay. Now, that being said, for the amount of the check, okay is turned to unacceptable. It should never be okay. If you want to play with the big boys you have to step it up some. The same meal at the Angus barn would have been 30% less and 100% better. Do the math. It would take me stuck in a city that I didnt know with options I wasnt aware of to go to a chain restaurant with an overly priced menu again. Because at the end of the day that is all this really is, an overpriced chain restaurant.

1  Thank tgabe

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh? Share your experiences!