“Nice concert location”

Red Hat Amphitheater
Ranked #3 of 21 Concerts & Shows in Raleigh
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I saw Florence + the Machine here, and it was the perfect venue for that show. The ampitheater is open (obviously), but is right next to the train tracks. A train came through in the middle of the show...the performers rolled with it, but it was distracting. It's also a bit frustrating that even though this is a well-established venue, it still only has port-a-potties. It's also strange that there is no designated parking for events here. We were fortunate that a business was renting out its parking lot for $5 a car, but a bit more order would be nice. Finally, I understand the need for increased security, but it would be great if food and/or drink was slightly less expensive since you can't take anything in. All of these are pretty standard concert issues, and I still liked the venue, but it's not my favorite.

1  Thank robbinz410
All reviews
"event staff"
"walnut creek"
in 6 reviews
"sealed bottle"
in 2 reviews
"sound quality was excellent"
"folding chairs"
"shimmer"
"lawn"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I just attended the Wide Open Bluegrass Festival in conjunction with the IBMA awards- which was held in Raleigh for the first time this year. We purchased tickets, just before they sold out, for both nights of the performances at the Red Hat Amphitheater. It was an awesome experience! Plenty of restrooms, and I don't mean porta-johns, I mean real toilets & sinks. The Staff, maintenance, and volunteers there were all top notch. We did not encounter one rude person the whole time there, everyone was super friendly. Even getting into the place was a breeze, the only line I waited in was at the souvenir stand, just because of the number of people trying to by CDs and T-Shirts. Great Experience! Terrific Job Raleigh!! We will be back!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We enjoyed the event we attended here. Venue is conveniently located with ample parking nearby for a small fee. The beautiful Shimmer Wall is located within view. Food was a little pricey, but good. The restrooms were easily accessed and clean. Didn't seem to be a bad seat in the place. The staff seemed to be a little unorganized in the way that they handled entry into the venue.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the Red Hat Amphitheater's organization and staff knowledge. I was instructed to go to Will Call to get my early entry wristband and when I got to Will Call the staff told me to stand to the side to get it. I was early so I moved along and stood among the other concert goers. About 30 minutes later a band rep came out to get the VIP's and told us the early entry wrist bands were at Will Call. I again asked the staff in Will Call about early entry and each one said they didn't know anything about it. After about another 10 minutes a lady came out to give us our wristbands. I still had a great time at the concert but the staff could use some help with organization and knowledge about what is really going on. Many people were walking around frustrated about the lack of organization at this venue.

1  Thank Matilda212000