“Love the biscuits and molasses”

State Farmers Market Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 1,546 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I eat breakfast here at least once per week and get to treat myself to lunch at least once per month. Everything is great. The omelets are huge. We love the black jack cowboy omelet. The pancakes are the size of a medium pizza so only order one. I've never had anything I didn't like at breakfast AND their bacon doesn't give me indigestion like most bacon does. I love all the fresh veggies at lunch and the dessert (banana pudding) that comes with your meat + 2. Service is good and fast.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Quite candidly Sarasota's Downtown Market is considerably better - high quality of food and interesting vendors - I did find some very cheap produce but it needed to be used immediately - other than that little find, it was just average.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

From the farm to your table, this produce is the freshest in town. Look for things in season for the best tasting items. Summer squash, tomatoes, sweet corn, and other delights are available now. The site also has shops and a bakery that is unbelievable!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

It's American fare to separate it from the seafood restaurant also at the Farmer's Market. The restaurant is always always busy, but due to the size, the waiting period is fairly short. Handicapped friendly, though parking spots are in short supply. We were seated outside and it was so much fun to watch the market while we ate. Service was good ? at least attentive. Somewhat disappointed in the food. Menu is breakfast and lunch items. Biscuits are excellent. Hubby had 'city ham' (to separate it from country ham which is very salty), eggs, grits, toast and coffee. Coffee was hot and well supplied, ham ok, grits watery and tasteless. I had corned beef hash, eggs, grits and tea. Hash well cooked and crispy, eggs perfect, but grits watery tasteless and disappointing (I'm a grits fanatic if you haven't guessed) I had two servings of tea and that was it, no offer of water, no offer of refill (at minimal cost). I'm disappointed at the lack of ongoing attention to service to all parts of a group of two. Unlike some that I've been to, disappointed, doubt we'd go back.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Sure, "calabash style" really just means breaded and fried but ummm ummm, breaded and fried perfectly! The scallops are divine, never overcooked. My out of town friends and family always want to know "When are we going to the Farmer's Market?" when they come to visit. There is such a great selection of in season and local or local-ish produce there pretty much year round, too. The kids are chomping at the bit for peach season... can't take them until the freestones are in season because they'll have me making cobbler with clings, which is NO FUN, if we go too early. Love those sandhills peaches!

Been to State Farmers Market Restaurant? Share your experiences!