“Ignored by staff”

Cuisines: Mexican
Antigua, Guatemala
“Ignored by staff”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The food - what I was able or order anyway - was fine. And I've eaten here before with others and enjoyed it. But wow, I've never been so completely ignored by wait staff when dining alone. After ordering an appetizer, I said that I wanted to enjoy that first and then would order my lunch entree. That was the last I ever saw of my waiter until he slapped down the bill on the table as he walked by. No drink refills, no attempt to see if I needed anything else. He would come by to wait on tables across from me and never turn around.

I know solo diners aren't as valuable for tips as groups or couples, but this was ridiculous and rude.

I won't be back and certainly won't bring my family, my business, my clients or friends to a place that feels it can dismiss solo diners as if they don't matter.

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious originals”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This Mexican restaurant does the standards well. I wanted something homey and satisfying and I wasn't disappointed. The chips were fresh as well as the salsa. I had the combination taco, enchilada, and chile rellano and it was tasty. Another dish we ordered was the spinach quesadilla - it came with fresh sautéed spinach and was excellent. It was also a good value.

Visited October 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Loved the food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and I had dinner there on Saturday evening. Even though it was a weekend night, we were greeted and seated immediately. We were served chips and salsa which are addictive! So good! When we ran low on salsa, it was refilled with a new one.
Our server was Gabriel. When he came over to take our orders I had a few questions. He helped me to decide which of the 2 entrees I was looking at. I wish I could remember the name of the dish I had but it was a new item on the menu and it had strips of grilled steak, onions, peppers, bacon, chorizo, and some other items that were just amazing. It came with Mexican rice and beans. I requested 2x beans instead of the rice which he said was fine. My friend ordered a chicken and rice dish. When our food arrived, it looked and smelled so good. The food was hot and delicious. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and next time, I will bring my husband with me. Thanks, Gabriel! You were outstanding !!!

Raleigh, NC
“Implosion”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've given this place a very good review, and I have been there about 10x. This time it was borderline nasty, and I had to practically beg to get refills of chips/salsa. This is the one at Crabtree Valley mall (behind the mall). I'll go back at some point, probably wait six months or so, but I am not recomending this place at this point. Go elsewhere if you want Mexican.

Richmond, Virginia
“Good meal”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was your usual Tex- Mex restaurant in appearance. But, my vegetable quesadilla was better than expected; it had fresh, roasted vegetables whose flavor was enhanced by the cheese, not disguised by it. Very good service.